Author Topic: How do I fix this picture?closed - new request posted  (Read 9656 times)

Offline sandie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How do I fix this picture?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 June 05 16:50 BST (UK) »
Sorry to be a pest everyone, but I really need help with this.  I have had another couple of goes at the picture - particularly the jacket - but it's getting worse.  My last attempt looked like something my four year old grandson would produce on the painting programme at pre school!  Sorry, I take that back, that comment wasn't fair on my grandson.

Seriously though, I do need some advice particularly on how to get the jacket to look more like a photograph and less like a second rate painting.

The reason for my plea for help is, I decided as I wasn't doing too well with the restoration, I would simply take the original to the shop and get a copy for my cousin.  The man in the shop said it would be a problem because the silver has risen or something.  Anyway I got the copy back today and it is awful, I can't possibly send it to my cousin it looks worse than the original.  So please, can anyone tell me - simply - how I can improve the picture enough to send to my cousin.

Thanks
Sandie
Lewis & Davies in Glam.
Richards & Roberts,  in Carmarthen & Glam.
Bowen & Morgans in Carm.
Walters & Mort in Glam.
Dinmore, in SE London (prev.Surrey & Kent), Lowestoft & Yorks.
Collier/Collyer, Tyler & Welch in SE London(prev.Surrey)

All census transcriptions are Crown Copyright