Author Topic: Love Family, Northumberland & Suffolk  (Read 1918 times)

Offline ged123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Love Family, Northumberland & Suffolk
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 January 19 08:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Baz
 Just saw your post, have been researching the Love family. Was your ancestor John Percival Love from suffolk?  if so we have a connection.
Hope to hear from you.
Geraldine

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Baz Love

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 January 19 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Geraldine,

Yes - I most certainly am descended from JPL of Suffolk!  :)

Pleased to "meet" you - presumably a cousin at some level, then?  ;)

PM sent!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ged123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 January 19 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Actually it's my husband who is your relative. John percival Love is his great grandad,  Annie love was his Grandmother, she married Charles Brown and they moved to Manchester where my husbands mother was born. Which one of the 11 children is your ancestor?  i have quite a lot of info on the family and also photos if you are interested.
Regards geraldine

Offline Baz Love

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 January 19 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, G!

Just checked the file - I'm descended from George:
"George Love: born 11 Feb 1887 in Woodhorn, Northumberland, England; married Apr 1910 in Morpeth, Northumberland, England..."

George moved to Northumberland in early 1900s on a work-search upheaval, met & married Lydia Perry (born 23 Jun 1889 in Seaton Delaval - a tiny, lovely lady with a sharp mind and a quicker, disciplinary hand, who I met several times in my childhood)...

George and Mrs L quickly began reproducing, with another Annie being their first-born that same year of marriage. (daughter's full name: Annie Wakelam LOVE - the Wakelam came from another grandparent, years before...)

Their first son arrived in August 1912 - my Grandfather, named John Percival Love after his Grandfather (the very JP Love you mentioned, from Mutford, Suffolk, who'd moved out from Westminster, London, to that town in the 1800s).

So, that John Percival Love of Suffolk is my Great-Great Grandfather...

I'd very much like to talk to you and establish family links, and see the photos, etc - they'd be a fantastic and fascinating view into a history that I'm struggling to uncover!

Please check your Members Profile for my Private Message, my contact details are within...  ;)