Author Topic: What I want for Christmas  (Read 867 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What I want for Christmas
« on: Monday 03 December 12 04:26 GMT (UK) »
My wish for Christmas
I wish that someone somewhere can help me with finding the parents of my great grandfather, but I am not content with that; next I want the parents of two great grandfathers and by now you may realise that they all come from Ireland ::)
I hear so often of fairygodmothers/fathers or angels heping out (even the odd psychic would do) and to have them come and say - here they are would really make my day ;) ;)
Bev
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline Nick29

• Deceased Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What I want for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 December 12 10:05 GMT (UK) »
I think there are a lot of us in the same position, Bev  :)

My g.g. grandfather was born in London, and on the two documents that he filled in with his place of birth, he obligingly put "London" and "Middlesex, London".  That, combined with a very common surname means that my brick wall will probably remain.

The sad truth for all of us doing genealogy that a brick wall is inevitable somewhere along the line.

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 December 12 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have the same problem I have found ancestors  born Ireland abt 1790 and then have moved to England but I can't trace there parents or what part off ireland they were born as there seems to be a lack of records for ireland its a shame as like you I would like to find there parents names and who they were etc  :)
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline RedMystic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Helen Cheyne (1863-1952)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Is it the darn Irish?  :D  I'm working on my dad's side - lots of Irish who came to Canada in the late 1700s & early 1800s. Other than Wexford County, I'm at a loss - & likely always will be.   :P
MACDONALD of Benbecula, Scotland, Earlswood/Wapella Sask
BAIN of Aberdeenshire, Trafford district, Red Jacket and Moosomin, Sask
CHEYNE of Aberdeenshire & Trafford district, Sask
FISHER of Yorkshire, Ontario & Saskatchewan
INKSTER of Shetland, Edinburgh, Sask and BC
GAUNT of Yorkshire, Kent, BC & Australia
KINCH of Ireland, PEI, Ab, Sask
CORCORAN of Ireland, PEI & Sask
GOTZ / GOETZ of Soufflenheim, Alsace & Ont
MITTELHAUSSER of Soufflenheim, Alsace
MULLER or MILLER of Drusenheim, Alsace & Ont

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 03:54 GMT (UK) »
It can even happen in Australia.

I have a couple as parents of one of wifes ancestors. Got the marriage certificate, but any other information, forget it. No birth info, no death info, no migration info..............

They just appear, get married, give birth, and then disappear. Mumble, mumble...............................

A Chesters