Author Topic: Ashmore family  (Read 17662 times)

Offline elaine bennett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ashmore family
« on: Monday 03 December 12 06:01 GMT (UK) »
my name is elaine bennett. my gt grandparentsx3 were born in carlow ireland. john ashmore married eliza holt at bagenalstown. john was born in 1829. eliza was born 1835 her parents were john &anne holt. john and eliza they migrated to australia they boarded a ship called ramilies from dublin .
i am hoping to come in contact with family they left behind ,i have done a family tree but would like to know more of the life they had and johns parents before they left for australia ,
i do hope to hear from some one connected over there ,very interested in my heritage.thank you .merry xmas to all and a prosperous new year . 8) :)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: family history
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 December 12 11:17 GMT (UK) »
for reference here's a link to the marriage of John and Eliza in 1855 - it was in  Dunleckney Church of Ireland parish, which includes the town of Bagnalstown.

Marriage of John Ashmore & Eliza Holt - 28 June 1855

John's residence at the time appears to be the townland of Raheenwood in Myshall civil parish. Eliza's is shown as living in 'Fenagh' - presumably the civil parish of that name. The closest match to her residence I can see is the townland of Clonbulloge.

There's a later Holt marriage that appears to be for for a sister of your Eliza - see : Scott / Holt marriage, 1867

There are also an Ashmore family living at the townland of Raheenwood on the 1901 census return which might be related :

Ashmore household

Based on his marriage, the head of the household Reuben seems to be your John's brother.

Shane

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 December 12 19:15 GMT (UK) »
All Saints Fenagh; (graveyard) Rector; Revd. L.D.D. Scott
----
Frederick Ashmore; Ballintrane
2/3/1933 (78)
wife-Susan Elizabeth;
8/8/1953 (86)
son-William Thomas;
21/12/1960 (61)
dtr-Charlotte Elizabeth
14/4/1976 (81)
-----
Susan Elizabeth Ashmore; wife of William Thomas (Ballintrane)
March 1979 (75)
=============
Jack

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 December 12 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Irelands Memorial Record. WW1
---
Ashmore Luke;
Rank; Private Irish Guards 2nd Batt
Died home; 3/9/1915
Born; Palatine Carlow
-----
Slaters Directory 1881-1870
Richard Ashmore; 34 Tullow st Carlow
Linen & Woolen Draper
--
Slaters 1870;
Ashmore Eliza; Tullow (Manager)
Ladies Assoc. for Employing the Industrious Poor
---
Slaters 1894;
Ashmore Frank; Fennah
Farmer
=================
Jack

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 December 12 19:50 GMT (UK) »
COI The Adelaide Memorial graveyard Myshall;
--
Erected by John James
William Ashmore; June 1955
his sister-Elizabeth; 29/4/1958
his sister-Ellen; 2/3/1959
-
Luke Ashmore; Ballinaee
11/7/1915 (85)
wife-Anne; 25/1/1939 (87)
------------
St Marys graveyard Carlow town;
Jane Ashmore; Ballycarney; 14/2/1964 (80)
William Ashmore; 13/1/1969 (86)
Sarah Ashmore; 18/12/1967 (87)
Anna Ashmore; 20/5/1990 (71)
Violet Ashmore; 14/1/2000
Amelia Ashmore; 31/10/2002 (85)
David Ashmore; 23/3/2005 (81)
--
Luke S Ashmore; Ballaghmoor; 4/9/1999 (86)
wife- Charlotte Theresa Emily; 6/9/1994 (84)
============
Jack

Offline elaine bennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: family history ashmore
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 December 12 22:05 GMT (UK) »
thank you john &eliza had 7 children 4 sons 3 daughters the eldest son was named reuben my grandfather was edward thomas ashmore his father was richard 2nd son of john & eliza .he then had a son called richard who was my grandfathers dad.they lived in dalby qld and are all buried there in a family grave .thank you all for your information ,i am keen to know more of the history ,i have also done a wwar book 1915 on all the ashmore & bellingham family who were cousins to the ashmore men who fought in ww1 .my grandfather lost his young brother at fromelles ,and posiers in france ,rebecca ashmore daughter of john & eliza married a bellingham and had 12 children all very close family ,rebecca lost 2 sons in the ww1 war .thank you all so much it is most appreciated .regards elaine :)

Offline elaine bennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ashmore family
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 December 12 03:02 GMT (UK) »
i am so pleased to have been given all this information on my ancestors .my cousin maureen & i have done a lot of research from the family here in australia ,we had a ashmore reunion in 2008 .so many members and the oldest ashmore is 102 and still living ,i feel like we have won lotto seeing all this info ,once again thank you all ever so much ,merry xmas prosperous new year to you all regards elaine bennett

Offline julie ellis

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 03 October 13 02:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine my name is Julie Ellis. I am researching my family history and in the process stumbled upon some information where our families cross paths. I am hoping that you may be able to help in my search.
The following statement is from the QLD Police letterbooks. I was trying to find information about the Old Chincilla Station referred to in this statement and am assuming that Mrs Bellingham's mother was Eliza Ashmore (nee Holt). I was kind of hoping that you may have a clue that may lead me to answers to some of my many questions.
Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated!

11. 8.1937 Princess King, inmate of Dunwich Institution has made application for the Old Age Pension. Her son is John King who is employed at the Windsor Hotel, Dalby. Princess King is about 76 years old according to John King who is 52 years old. Princess King also has a daughter.       
According to Mr Bellingham of Malakoff near Dalby, Princess King was born Princess Ashmore on 10. 7.1863 on what was then Old Chinchilla Station. He states she is 74 years old. The mother of Princess King was an Aboriginal woman. Princess's mother brought Princess, when she was born, into the Station and asked Mrs Bellingham's mother what she should call her. Mrs Bellingham's mother said to call her Princess.

Offline elaine bennett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 October 13 08:46 BST (UK) »
-hi julie i do have information on the bellinghams ,i will gather up what i have and send it in a email to you if that is okay ,you can post it to me through my email ,elainebennett2@bigpond.com ,we had a family reunion in dalby in 2008 such a big response of family who came ,look forward to you sending me your email address so i can give you photo,s as well of the bellingham family ,cheers elaine bennett, ;)