Author Topic: COMPLETE THANK YOU How can I find the date of birth of this soldier?  (Read 2439 times)

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETE THANK YOU How can I find the date of birth of this soldier?
« on: Saturday 08 December 12 16:32 GMT (UK) »
While searching the Commonwealth Grave Site I came across this soldier -- how I can find out his date of birth to help me prove he is a relative of mine

He was private T.S. Moores No.11952 3rd Battalion Cheshire Regiment .

He was married to Miriam Hodkinson and died aged 43 in January 1920 he is buried in Davenham (St. Wilfrid's) Churchyard in Cheshire.

Thank you

suzilad

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: How can I find the date of birth of this soldier?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 December 12 16:39 GMT (UK) »
He was Thomas William Moores enlisted 1.10.14 and discharged through sickness 23.11.14 as per medal record card

Can't find a service record or pension
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 December 12 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Moores married Miriam Tomlinson 17 Mar 1902 at St Stephen the Martyr,Moulton Cheshire
he was aged 25 a soldier from Over Winsford father John Moores a salt boiler
Miriam Tomlinson 26 spinster from Moulton father Joseph Hodkinson a salt boiler.
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 December 12 17:27 GMT (UK) »
If he is the Thomas William Moores, as detailed by Stonechat, then there is the following birth registration:

William Thomas Moores - September quarter 1876 Northwich, 8a, page 285. - from FreeBMD

I'm assuming that you have either his marriage or death certificate.  Marriage would give his father's name, which might tie down the birth registration.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 December 12 19:33 GMT (UK) »

Thank you everyone this information proves he is my man .

Regards,

suzilad

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETE THANK YOU How can I find the date of birth of this soldier?
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 September 13 20:33 BST (UK) »
Just found this post - Thomas William Moores is related to me, and I have quite a bit of info on his maternal grandmother's ancestry (Hinton and Massey) if you're interested!

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk