Author Topic: Who is John Oxton 1857  (Read 2800 times)

Offline gillyw77

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who is John Oxton 1857
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 June 16 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, my family are from Higher Bebington, and the original pub was knocked down and what stands today as a building, is now empty, having recently closed. The pub is currently up for sale. There are some books about Higher Bebington, which I will take a look at and get back to you, hopefully with some more info re John Oxton.

Gill

Offline JAimee0711

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 March 20 17:48 GMT (UK) »
The John Oxton you are inquiring about is my 4th great-uncle. He initially worked as a Publican for an Inn Keeper in the early 1800’s in Higher Bebington, and later (approximately 1835-1840) became owner of The George Hotel which, at the time, was located on Village Road in Higher Bebington, Cheshire, England. 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Scouse

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 March 20 12:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi JAmee, sorry for the delay in replying, John Oxton Publican And Flour dealer was The executor of my GGGgrandads will, the will was read in 1857. The deceased being John Smith of Higher Bebington, basically that was all I had.
Kind regards scouse
Smith, Davies, Myers, Hickey, Hunt, Maxwell, Bennett, Harrison, Mitchell, Gill, Peers, Young, Jardine Scott, Patterson, Williams, Roberts, McNally, Critchley, Nicholas, LLoyd, Cowley, Hanks, Wilson, Burgess, Standen,
Liverpool. Ireland. Scotland. New Zealand.