Author Topic: How NOT to get replies to my posts please?  (Read 680 times)

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
How NOT to get replies to my posts please?
« on: Sunday 23 December 12 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Having only just found out how to stop getting new replies to my posts (thank you Sarah  :D), now that Rootschat has changed I can't stop getting them again. I've gone into the 'notifications' bit and THINK I've selected not to be notified of any topics, and saved settings, and unsubscribed etc. etc. but I'm still getting them.  Please help! Or I'll end up ignoring them and have 25 pages like I did before..... ::) (where's the embarrassed smiley when you need it?)

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How NOT to get replies to my posts please?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 December 12 00:48 GMT (UK) »
Pat, when you get the notification emails, the second lot of blue underlined info is where you click to unsubscribe to notification on that topic.  It takes you to a screen which says something like Do you want to stop notification on this topic Yes/No and of course you click yes.  But watch it - sometimes it says Do you want to be notified Yes/No - trap for unwary players!

The notifications should stop but the replies will still be there so you should clear them periodically.
If it's something I'm no longer interested in I just click to 'read' then go back to the list and do the next one, and so on, until they are cleared.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: How NOT to get replies to my posts please?
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 December 12 12:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Dawn, got it now thanks to you  ;D

Merry Christmas

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area