Author Topic: Stanislaw Filipak born 1928 poland  (Read 1345 times)

Offline akasha691

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stanislaw Filipak born 1928 poland
« on: Monday 24 December 12 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I am helping a friend trace her fathers family, he was born Stanislaw Filipak in 1928 in Poland, he moved from Poland during the depression or just after, his parents had died and he was moved to France with his siblings Czeslaw Filipak, Henri Filipak and Jean Filipak. He then moved to UK and married in 1951 to Elsie dorothy Ford ( i have their marriage cert, and no father is listed for Stanislaw), he died in New Zealand in 2000.
His daughter never new much about his past, he was adopted by Florian Zaganiack who took him to France.

I have looked everywhere i know to look, could do with some help, i think his daughter would be happy just to know where he was from and who his parents were.

can anyone advise - thanks
Smith (gypsy), Gates, Were / Wear, Rainbow, Hemmings, - Farnborough / Hillingdon.
Warner, Barlow, Hampton, Carpenter - Staffordshire.
Musk, Murrell - Norfolk (Caston)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stanislaw Filipak born 1928 poland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 December 12 06:40 GMT (UK) »
Hiya ...there is ONE familytree I have found - but it seems an incredible coincedence that it has Estanislau Filipak born in France in 1826 - he married Sophia Glinska ....can`t find a Polish connection ....
http://gw4.geneanet.org/dscheehl?lang=en&m=N&v=FILIPAK

the owner is a Dennis Scheel and he does speak English ( although he is French )
I wonder whether your Stanislaw when born was actually spelt Estanislau ? ...I know it is 100 years later , but it may be a family christian name that is passed down ?

if you want Dennis `s e-mail address let me know -
allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 December 12 06:48 GMT (UK) »
www.familysearch.org
leave christian name blank   surname     filipak
birth
poland
1860 - 1900
search

you will find the VAST majority are baptised in  Czermna Czermna , Rzeszow, Poland

in every baptism for that town Czermna Czermna is how it is written ...a little strange ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czermna,_Lesser_Poland_Voivodeship
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline akasha691

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 December 12 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi yes please I think its worth a look at, if this isn't then i assume I am going to have to contact some authorities, I was thinking maybe the Polish embassy in he UK, if there is one! I do have Stanislaw and his wifes marriage cert, when they got married in the UK.
the other route i think is going down the adopted fathers line, he lived and died in France although i think he was also born in Poland

thanks
Smith (gypsy), Gates, Were / Wear, Rainbow, Hemmings, - Farnborough / Hillingdon.
Warner, Barlow, Hampton, Carpenter - Staffordshire.
Musk, Murrell - Norfolk (Caston)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 December 12 13:19 GMT (UK) »
e mail address sent by Personal Message ...good luck ...let us know of any developments
cheers
allan

Offline Gaie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • CenInf Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 December 12 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Are you sure it's Filipak and not Filipiak?  There's a marriage between Stanislaw Filipiak to a Ford in Dec  Qtr 1951 in East Ham Vol 5a Page 89; and four subsequent Filipiak/Ford births in the area.

Do you know what happened to Czeslaw, Henri and Jean?  Did any of them also come to the UK?

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/s/res?_q=filipiak&x=39&y=16

shows results for Filipiak at the National Archives.  One of them may be one of Stanislaw's brothers.

There are 16 results on FindMyPast (Find My Past) for Filipiaks leaving the UK between 1890-1960.

Presumably Stanislaw had a passport if he travelled to NZ; does anyone in the family have access to it?  Hopefully it should have his place of birth written in it somewhere.  Did he emigrate to NZ?  Is it possible to access related records?

Unfortunately Poland does not have a centralised register of births, deaths or marriages; you do need to know where he was born to trace him and his ancestors further back.

http://www.geneszukacz.genealodzy.pl/index.php?search_lastname=filipiak&rpp1=&bdm=&url1=&w=&lang=eng&op=se

Geneteka, a Polish resource, shows 2965 results for the surname, the majority being in Mazowieckie (map: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/), but that may be because more records have been transcribed and uploaded for that region; the website is a work in progress.

Kind regards
Gaie
Sussex, Burwash/Somerset/South London: PANKHURST/FABLING/GREEN/KING/PARROT/POPE/PEMBROKE
Notts/Leics/London: POLLARD/BELAND/FELLS/MORRISON/MARYSON/CLARKE
Northants: MARRIOT/T
Suffolk: LINGLY/LINGLEY/LINDLY/LINDLEY/ SEAGER /SIGGER/SEGGAR/VINCE
Gloucs: WINDOW Glamorgan: JENKINS Cardiganshire: JONES
Poland: OZIEMKIEWICZ France: LINETTE

Offline Gaie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 December 12 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi again

http://archway.archives.govt.nz/ViewFullItem.do?OID=21204342

shows documents held in the Wellington, NZ, archives relating to this family.  If you click on the "more detail" bit you can see how to gain access - there is a 100 year privacy order on such documents; your friend should be able to apply for access.

KR
Gaie
Sussex, Burwash/Somerset/South London: PANKHURST/FABLING/GREEN/KING/PARROT/POPE/PEMBROKE

Offline Gaie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 28 December 12 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Guess what, there's a Filipiak club  ;D

http://www.filipiak.org/

Might be useful  ;)

Gaie