Author Topic: WILLIAMS family at the New Inn, Llanbadarn Fynydd 1891 to 1939  (Read 1851 times)

Offline kevin p rolfe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WILLIAMS family at the New Inn, Llanbadarn Fynydd 1891 to 1939
« on: Tuesday 25 December 12 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.
I am trying to trace my wifes family history on her fathers side, the Williams family consisting of her gggrandfather John Williams born c 1840 in Lanymynech and gggrandmother Eliza (Elizabeth) born c 1840 in Layerdedlayhey Essex. My 1st request for help is where is Layerdedlayhey, I have tried Google Maps and come up with nothing so I think it is a spelling mistake so if someone knows of a place name similar to Layerdedlayhey then please let me know. The second request for help is to do with The New Inn public house as it was run by the Williams family from before 1891 too at least 1939 when John and Eliza's son Thomas James Williams died. Would the New Inn have been owned by the Williams family or would it have been a long term tenancy, 50years or so would I think be classed as a bit of a dynasty. Before 1891 John Williams and family lived in Cemmaes and was a Sewing Machine Agent so I am a bit confused as to how they came to run a pub so any help would be greatly appreciated. They had 9 children and I can find only 8 so possibly one child was born after a cencsus and died before the next one. Thankyou for reading my post and I look forward to recieving replies.

Kevin

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAMS family at the New Inn, Llanbadarn Fynydd 1891 to 1939
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 December 12 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi, and welcome to Rootschat, the place you request in Essex, is Layer De La Haye, which is a small village just outside Colchester!

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kevin p rolfe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAMS family at the New Inn, Llanbadarn Fynydd 1891 to 1939
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 December 12 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for the info, I have now been able to get back to 1750 thanks to you telling me about Layer de la Hay.

Thankyou Kevin