Author Topic: McEvoy Cullenagh Ballyroan  (Read 7960 times)

Offline simonnoel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McEvoy Cullenagh Ballyroan
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi - Don and Rita McLeod are descended from these McEvoys and they were over 2 years ago from NZ and made lots of progress with finding ancestors - If you are not already in contact with them then I can put you in contact as I am sure Rita will gladly share what she learned on her trip. Simon

Offline simonnoel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 February 13 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi again - just to confirm that the last 2 posts by ShaneW147 are correct. Martin McEvoy married Ellen Fitzpatrick and their first born was Patrick and they lived in BorrisLittle  Patrick and three brothers emigrated to New Zealand. Later their parents Martin and Ellen also emigrated to NZ.    Ellen Fitzpatrick was my maternal grandfathers sister.

Offline JOHNIOSAIF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 April 16 16:36 BST (UK) »
I think Patrick Mcevoy died 1907 in culenagh ,roots.ie have a Patrick dead in 1907 at culenagh

Offline JOHNIOSAIF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 April 16 16:40 BST (UK) »
Mary doody and Patrick Mcevoy married in timahoe,her address as raheenduff,father Patt,
Patrick Mcevoy address as cullenagh ,father  Martin ,Mary aged 23 (servant )Patrick (herd) 30
Date 1871

Offline Gizmo678192

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 10:46 BST (UK) »
Re the interesting discussion on the genealogy of Laois McEvoy families, I have recently published a book 'From Laois to Kerry' which discusses the origins of the McEvoy Sept in Laois and in particular the forced transplantation of many Laois McEvoys to Co. Kerry during the period of the plantation of Laois.
I myself have Kerry McEvoys in my family tree and which sparked my interest in the the subject. I had a nice launch of the book in Vicarstown Co Laois a few months ago