Author Topic: Connections to Youngs  (Read 2118 times)

Offline AmyUK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Connections to Youngs
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 09 July 05 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Amy,sorry for the delay,i have been decorating and i also work full time so its been a bit of a nightmare.Anyway this is a rough breakdown of my Youngs so far.
Grandmother Jean Wilson Young born 1900 at Auckinleck.
Grt Grandparents were William Young and Jessie Lammie,William was born Dalmellington 1877.
Grt Grt Grandparents were John Young and Agnes Twaddle,John i think was born in Old cumnock.
Grt Grt Grt Grandparents were Robert Young and Elizabeth Stewart,i think also Robert was born Old Cumnock as thats where he married Elizabeth in 1826.
Grt Grt Grt Grt Grandparents were Hugh Young and ??Russle,i am not 100% certain on these 2 yet but i know that William Young my Grt Grandfather had a sister named Elizabeth Russle Stewart Young born in Dallmellington in 1869,his other Siblings were Robert born 1871Agnes born Dallmellington 1874 James born ? and died 1973 Dallmellington and last was Janet born 1866 Auckinleck.There could have been another brother John but not sure of him yet.Another thing Janet had the middle name of Ainging i have no idea where that name comes from.Anyway Amy sorry again for the delay and let me know what you think.Anne.

The names aren't in my tree at the moment, but i think they sound familiar if only because i have come across the names doing searches for Youngs. I will keep your information handy in case i come across a connection further down the line.

Amy
SUSSEX - Linscer, Lincer, Linser
EAST LONDON - Watts, Sale, Steel
STRATFORD UPON AVON - Sale
WESTMINSTER & WANDSWORTH- Powell, Bevis
WARE, HERTFORDSHIRE - Adams, Bangs, Petts
AYRSHIRE - Young, Armour, Buchanan, Murray