Author Topic: Matthieu Tostevin - St Peter Port (born 1756)  (Read 1735 times)

Offline squinn5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Peristence is the key
    • View Profile
Matthieu Tostevin - St Peter Port (born 1756)
« on: Thursday 03 January 13 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have been given an ancestor chart for my line which I'm trying to verify some of the details. I have Matthieu Tostevin being born 12th November 1756 at St Peter Port, and who married Anne Robin in 1777 in Castel Guernsey. The Tostevin line on the chart goes back to Nicolas Tostevn (c1470 Brittany France).

According to the chart I've been given, Matthieu's parents were Matthieu Tostevin (1713) and Susanne Brehaut (b1715). It shows Matthieu's parents as Gulluame Tostevin & Rachel Le Gallez.

I have found many trees on ancestry and other places with Matthieu & Susanne with about 5 children, one of which is a Matthieu being born in 1740. There appears to be no record of another son being born 1756 to this couple. I've also had a look at this tree on the island wiki http://www.theislandwiki.org/index.php/Nicolas_Tostevin_b._c1470_Brittany,_France but can't find either Matthieu listed.

Is there any one who is connected to this family able to confirm if my Matthieu is actually the son of the above parents? Or is there someone who maybe able to do a look up for me. I am new to Channel Islands research so not sure which registers would be the correct one.

Thank you and regards

Sandra
Baker, King, Rice - Boxford, Suffolk, Baldwin - Bures St Mary, Suffolk
Richer - Thorpe-Le-Soken & Colchester, Essex
Pritty - Wivenhone Essex, St Martin Colchester, Essex
Scutcher/Cutchey - Great Bentley & Great Clacton, Essex