Author Topic: William Miller born in 1815 in Monaghan transported to Australia in 1842  (Read 2366 times)

Offline katlady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Miller born in 1815 in Monaghan transported to Australia in 1842
« on: Friday 04 January 13 08:31 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) Looking for the family of my ancestor William Miller who was born in County Monaghan in 1815 according to his arrival record in Tasmania, Australia. He arrived in Tasmania in 1843 via the North Briton after leaving from Dublin on Dec 1842. He was sentenced to 7 years for perjury. Have no information about his parents or any siblings. Need some helpful ideas please.   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline 2011E

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Miller born in 1815 in Monaghan transported to Australia in 1842
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 January 13 17:10 GMT (UK) »
That's my ancestor too! I can help: his parents were James Miller and Rosannah Miller, I don't know her birth name. You must not have noticed my post "Miller - Ballybay" on the Monaghan page: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,627932.0.html

Offline katlady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: William Miller born in 1815 in Monaghan transported to Australia in 1842
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 13 23:39 GMT (UK) »
2011E

Many thanks for replying to my post, I have to admit that I was so excited to find this forum that I havnt had a chance to search through a lot of past posts before my first post.
I did have a clue from somewhere that his parents were James and Rosannah, but great to clarify that this was true. Have you had any further luck searching since your post in 2011?  Finding it very hard to get anywhere in Ireland with the name Miller. :) :) :) :)
Can I ask where you found the death details for William Miller, I have conflicting information with death years of 1860 and 1886 but nothing to substantiate either.