Author Topic: Church of Monamolin, Wexford, Ireland  (Read 5648 times)

Offline searcinsue7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Monamolin, Wexford, Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 January 13 06:13 GMT (UK) »
I agree that the Hannah Stacey in the Irish Genealogy church records is the right one. My husband recalls an aunt saying her grandmother was from a little town just south of Dublin. Also the marriage cert. states Benjamin Stacey was a blacksmith at time of marriage which ties out with this church record.

I do have copies of the marriage certificates. One says "Marriage solemnized at Monamolin in the Parish of Monamolin in the County of Wexford. The townland listed is  Raheendarrig, Civil Parish is Monamolin and Barony is Ballaghkeen. This is 15 Dec 1853.  On the other certificate it says "Marriage solemnized at the registers office in the town of Gorey in the district of Gorey."  This is from 19 Nov 1853. It lists their residence as Raheendarrig, Wexford for Hannah (Feltus)Stacey and residence of Ballinistraw, Wexford for Benjamin Stacey.

Question about Representative Church Body in County Dublin?  Would they do research for me if I am willing to pay?  Now that I have Hannah's birth date and place, I would like to find out if her parents died when she was young. Hannah was living in Missouri in 1870 so if they died around that time it sounds like the RCB might have a record.  As I mentioned before she was living with her Uncle Henry Feltus when she was just 7 years old in Kidder, Caldwell County, Missouri, USA.  The family question is why?  She died at age 32 and her oldest daughter was 14 when Hannah died. None of her children ever knew why their mother was separated from her parents at such an early age.

Again my many thanks for everyone's assistance!  I have researched at length on Ancestry World Edition, joined a number of genealogy clubs but no one could point me in the right direction. I am anxious to share this information with my husband's 97 year old aunt. She is the one who always said her grandmother lived just south of Dublin.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 January 13 08:19 GMT (UK) »
I would think that's a little unusual having a civil and separate church marriage at that time, especially as their denomination was church of Ireland..

The RCB dont usually carry out research for people, but they can sometimes verify details of a record, but only if you have fairly precise details - e.g. name, date & parish. Civil records started just a few months after Hannah was born so the BMD Index would probably be the place to start a search for possible deaths of Benjamin and Hannah snr. At least the surname is quite rare so there shouldn't be too many other Stacey listings...

see : Introduction to Irish Records

The civil registration district for Windy Arbour and surrounding area is named Rathdown. The district of Dublin South is close to the north.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 January 13 08:30 GMT (UK) »
there are just four deaths that I see on the BMD Index for the name Benjamin Stacey - and only one comes close, although the age is a little 'out' :

Name: Benjamin Stacey
  Registration district:   Dublin South
  Event type: Death
  Quarter and year: Apr - Jun 1903
  Volume: 2 / Page: 476

This Benjamin should appear on the 1901 census - which might help rule this one in or out as a possibility...

The only Hannah Stacey death I see died as a young child in Waterford.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Aussie33

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 February 13 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Hannah FELTUS married 3 times.1st Benjamin STACEY,2nd John McLAUGHLIN (30 Sept 1867 in Brown County,Wisconsin,USA) & 3rd to Jef PIERSON (2 Dec 1872 Brown County,Wisconsin).You can see them on census etc. Will send you PM.

I am researching another FELTUS/FELTIS branch.

Cheers
Kerri
Docking,Ettridge/Etheridge, Feltus (Ireland),Fuge,
Sisman/Sissman (Sawtry,Hunt,Eng),Stevens (Lochiel/Crystal Brook,SA) ,
Young (Lopen,Somerset), Maguire(Cavan,Ireland),Betts/Bates (Teston,Kent to Western Australia,SA & Vic), Berridge (Hun,Eng)

Families to South Australia

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 August 21 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

Henry Feltis was named as a Witness when Hannah Feltis married.  Her father was named Frank.

A year later in 1854, Henry Feltis, same address as Hannah, same father’s name, also married in the same Parish Church of Monamolin, Gorey, Wexford.  See:-

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1854/09471/5432207.pdf

Cheers