Author Topic: Patrick Hayes Battersea  (Read 774 times)

Offline jayinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Hayes Battersea
« on: Monday 07 January 13 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks I m looking for the death of a Patrick Hayes who appears in Battersea in 1920 Electoral register at Culvert Rd Battersea living with his sister Lena Short and husband Victor. Patrick had just come over from Murroe Co Limerick where he and Lena were born. Patrick was born in 1892. It appears he married Elsie May Mark in 1921 and they appear at various addresses in Battersea Wandsworth on the Electoral registers up until 1950 when Patrick disappears. I assume he died here at 58yrs as family at home in Ireland say he never returned after leaving, he got married and he died relatively young. It was his sister Lena who wrote home saying he had died and Lena died in 1960. Patrick had no contact with family at home after he left. If he died in 1950 he would have been 58 which i suppose people may class as relatively young but i can find no trace of his death anywhere? His full name was Patrick Joseph Hayes and a few Patrick J Hayes s died in the 60s making them too old and info on Probate does not fit? Am i missing something or is it possible his birth was not registered? His wife Elsie May stayed local after his disappearance so it seems they didn t move away.
Any help from anyone much appreciated!
Regards
James
Hayes,Grimes,McGuire,Fitzgerald,Hartnedy,Moore,Gleeson,Murroe,Coonagh,Clooncunna South,Cloghnadromin.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Hayes Battersea
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 January 13 17:13 GMT (UK) »
First, bear in mind that ages on death certificate are only as accurate as the information provided!

So, a possibility:

March qtr 1950
Rochford (Essex) ndistrict    vol 4a, page 726

Hayes, Patrick J    age 56

Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline jayinm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Hayes Battersea
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 January 13 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes I agree with you K and this is the death i was most focusing on, would it be possible he would have been moved out that far to a hospital maybe?
James
Hayes,Grimes,McGuire,Fitzgerald,Hartnedy,Moore,Gleeson,Murroe,Coonagh,Clooncunna South,Cloghnadromin.