Author Topic: St Albans CRADDOCK  (Read 8576 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: St Albans CRADDOCK
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 09 November 17 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi with the availability of the GRO Index, Frederick Henry Craddick Kite Dec qtr 1895 Maidstone v2a page 718 No Mothers maiden name shown
Keyboard86

EDIT OK You now have this birth certificate
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ian__davies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 09 December 18 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Another step forward the past week or so...

My 1C1R, has Fred's war medals, from the 1st and 2nd world wars.  The service numbers on them, match the army enlistment record I have for the 2nd WW, but more importantly to the Frederick Henry Craddock Kite from the Navy in WW1 (and before)

This does lend further evidence that Frederick Henry Craddock is Frederick Henry Craddock Kite, and that he is likely to be the man mentioned in the court records.

My father and 1C1R will make a trip to Kew early next year to pull hopefully the Police Gazette record which says there is a Photograph of the man.

Offline ian__davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 November 19 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Another year and another update.  With the free weekend at findmypast i was stumbled upon a Parish baptism record from Dec 1896.  It shows birth as 7 Nov 1895, Rose Sarah Kite as his mother.  Father is left blank, and above Fredericks name is written " (Illegitimate) " .

An address of 15 John Street is given, and having checked the 1901 census, a Pay family is living there, no sign of Rose.

The search continues

Offline ian__davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 February 21 14:27 GMT (UK) »
I'm still plugging away at this!

Ancestry added the Annex in the past week!  Yesterday i finally got a pictrue of Mr Craddock/Kite.  I've also proved a DNA link to a Kite family from the Maidstone area and built partially out a tree.

I still can't place his mother, or the missing father, but we're definately moving forward!