Author Topic: Need direction  (Read 1804 times)

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Need direction
« on: Tuesday 08 January 13 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for an Edith Robinson born 1913 Sheffield England belive to have emigrated to Canada, sadly do not know if she married before she went. There is a possibility her sister lilian Robinson b 1907 shieffield  followed her(Lilian was infact still married her married name was LLoyd) but believe after leaving her husband and daughter in South Wales for London she reverted to her maiden name. Have looked at the ship reg but no Edith Robinson.
Any suggestions would be great ;)
cheers cardiff
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Need direction
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 13:43 GMT (UK) »
My first stop here was www.freebmd.org.uk

It gives the only Edith Robinson registered in Sheffield in 1913 was registered 1st quarter, mother's maiden name Colley.
For 1907 there are two Edith Robinsons registered in the first quarter.

Working backwards I find a likely Sheffield marriage, Emily Colley to Edward Robinson 3rd quarter 1905.

You'd need certificates to be sure, of course....
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 13:47 GMT (UK) »
And I think you'll find the family in the 1911 census. Reporting of the details of 1911 is restricted on RootsChat, but try looking for a Edward born about 1883 and living in Eccleshall
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline cardiff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thank you both for your replies I don't think telling you what I know about the family on the 1911 census is a problem It would be if I was asking you for that info!.
Regarding the family I have the Colley connection  and have Lilans birth certificate.
 I was hoping to find a connection with Canada or someone who has a connection to either sister.
Lilian married then left south wales and went to work in London, we know her sister  Edith went to Canada and a letter that was sent  by Lilian in the early 1940's mentioned she may emigrate to Canada where her sister lived.
 I have looked at ship passengers but there are a few that could match but cannot be sure!

cheers cardiff :)
All CensusTranscriptions are Crown Copyright

Read Wiltshire /Pontypridd
Dove Lincolnshire/Pontypridd/Cardiff
Barnhouse Cardiff/Pontypridd
Wilkes Shropshire/ Staffordshire/ Rhondda
Fletchers Staffordshire/ Glamorgan
Wright Somerset/ Glamorgan
Probert Cardigan/Rhondda/Shropshire
Jenkins Cardigan
Lewis Cardigan
Morgan Penderyn/Pontypridd
Stephens Penderyn
David Glamorgan
Whitby Forest Dean
Hughes Goodrich/Pontypridd
Jackson/Smith London /Kent/Glamorgan
Hughes Maesteg/Ynyshire

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 16:09 GMT (UK) »
There is a anc family tree with Edith Robinson born 27 February 1913 in Sheffield England
and died May 1992 in Trenton, Ontario. Married to Melvin George Mountenay
born  28th May 1909 in Trenton, Ontario, Canada and died 20 Jun 1990 in Trenton, Ontario.
The couple appear to have had a son and daughter.

Also a reference here including the children of the above couple.

http://www.sandisullivan.com/Davy%20Michael%204.htm

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 17:14 GMT (UK) »
There is a Canadian Passenger List for  Edith Robinson born 1913 Sheffield England and aged 14 years. Going to Aunty Mrs ? Pashley. (Dora) 482 Prud-himm  ??? (think that should be Prudhomme) Ave. NDDG Montreal. Father Mr Edward Robinson. 47 Upperthorpe. Sheffield.
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England to Quebec, arriving 29 May 1927 on the Letitia.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 17:24 GMT (UK) »
There is a Canadian Passenger List for Dora Pashley born about 1893 Sheffield England and aged 33 years. Also travelling was a son Frank Pashley aged 9 years born in Canada. Dora had been in Canada 1912 - 1926. Going home to husband at 482 Prudhomme Ave. Can't quite read the person they had stayed with in Sheffield but the address was 24 Albert Road. XXXXXley.Sheffield.
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England to Montreal Quebec arriving 11 September 1926 on the Doric.

Dora travelled 4 th May 1914 on the Megentic liverpool to Quebec. Also travelling was husband Frank Pashley  aged 29 years. Had been in Canada from 1907 - 1914

Dora and Frank Wilson Pashley (aged 5 years) also travelled 5 th October 1919 on the Empress of France.

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 17:36 GMT (UK) »
There was a marriage in Leicester December 1913 - Frank Pashley to Dora Cockayne - 7a 575

Sandra

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Baptism for Frank Wilson Pashley - 1914 Presbyterian Taylor Montreal
Son of Frank Pashley and Dora Cockayne his wife born July 1st 1914

Sandra