Author Topic: 1851/52 Census Kent Co Ontario.  (Read 1830 times)

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1851/52 Census Kent Co Ontario.
« on: Saturday 12 January 13 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I previously ran a thread "William Smith To Croton" where I got great help and have put most of the family together. My stumbling block at the moment is does the 1851/2 census exist for Kent Co. That is as in around the areas of Chatham, Dawn Mills and Croton. Ancestry does not have it.
Was this area missed or can it be found elsewhere.

John
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/52 Census Kent Co Ontario.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 January 13 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.

You can search the 1851/2 Canada census for free at this link. Click on 1852 census. When you get to the transcribed page click on split view at the top to access the original image which will give you additional info.

http://automatedgenealogy.com/

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 January 13 22:33 GMT (UK) »
From the link given choose the 1851/52 census and at the next page choose Canada West without adding a surname.  This brings up a list of counties.  Choose your county and the next page shows a further subdivision of that county and what census or parts of are no longer available.

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 January 13 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi.
Many thanks for your replies. What I am hoping to find is an Elizabeth Webster who from other census was born circa 1840. if she shows up in a family where the parents are Henry and Jane Webster I am getting closer to uniting my families.

John
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.