Author Topic: Harris/Black Marriage Faversham Kent  (Read 3773 times)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Harris/Black Marriage Faversham Kent
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 January 13 20:05 GMT (UK) »
1891 RG12 3269 folio 75 page 38 ............. Lizzie BLACK born Hulme Manchester age 26
1901 RG13 3773 folio 141 page 23 .......... Lizzie M BLACK born Manchester age 34
1911 Lizzie BLACK age 46 born Manchester http://www.familysearch.org

If you have access to ancestry, you should be able to find a will/probate listing for a Lizzie Maria BLACK died 1923.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 January 13 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the entries.You've left me plenty to chase up!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Thomas Byrne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 February 18 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi William, did you find any further information on Lizzie?  I'm asking because a few years back I purchased the 1911 census for my old family home in Longsight Manchester and that sent me off on more research around my old street.  Across the road from the family home was 'Alberts Corner Store' on the corner of Longden Road in Longsight.  The shop has been there since the street was built circa 1901.  Albert ran the shop from the mid 1960s until the late 1970s.  The 1911 census states that the shop owner was a Susannah Doyle, a widower, but more interesting was she lived with a Lizzie Maria Black.  Susannah was on the census as shop keeper and Lizzie as assistant, Susannah as head of house and Lizzie as 'friend'.  Very curious as to two ladies living together at the time in 1911.  Your research shows Lizzie married in 1897, single in 1911.  Any further information gratefully received. 

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 February 18 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi William, did you find any further information on Lizzie?  I'm asking because a few years back I purchased the 1911 census for my old family home in Longsight Manchester and that sent me off on more research around my old street.  Across the road from the family home was 'Alberts Corner Store' on the corner of Longden Road in Longsight.  The shop has been there since the street was built circa 1901.  Albert ran the shop from the mid 1960s until the late 1970s.  The 1911 census states that the shop owner was a Susannah Doyle, a widower, but more interesting was she lived with a Lizzie Maria Black.  Susannah was on the census as shop keeper and Lizzie as assistant, Susannah as head of house and Lizzie as 'friend'.  Very curious as to two ladies living together at the time in 1911.  Your research shows Lizzie married in 1897, single in 1911.  Any further information gratefully received.

Thanks,its interesting that Lizzie Maria Black died in 1923.Her Probate record shows she left quite a considerable sum of money to Susannah Doyle.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Thomas Byrne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 February 18 08:06 GMT (UK) »
The house she passed away at, quite a nice one.  She lead a colourful life it seems.  Possible marriage but died a spinster with a nice amount of money in the bank for that time.  I wonder what happened to her relationship with Susannah at the shop?  The shop is in Longsight, the house is in Blackley, so I doubt very much she travelled there and back to work in it unless the tram system of 1911 was so efficient one could get on in North Manchester and be in South Manchester ready for work early in the morning.  I do wish the census for 1921, 31 and 51 were released early!  These are important documents for piecing together history!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 February 18 08:21 GMT (UK) »
The house she passed away at, quite a nice one.  She lead a colourful life it seems.  Possible marriage but died a spinster with a nice amount of money in the bank for that time.  I wonder what happened to her relationship with Susannah at the shop?  The shop is in Longsight, the house is in Blackley, so I doubt very much she travelled there and back to work in it unless the tram system of 1911 was so efficient one could get on in North Manchester and be in South Manchester ready for work early in the morning.  I do wish the census for 1921, 31 and 51 were released early!  These are important documents for piecing together history!

the Black family were very comfortably off for the time.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire