Author Topic: Extract from Death Certificate  (Read 1738 times)

Offline weegogs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Extract from Death Certificate
« on: Sunday 13 January 13 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I am new to RootsChat and researching my family history. I have been given, by various relatives a lot of information and have put together a family tree on ancestry.co.uk.  I am currently researching my paternal grandfathers side of the family. I have found that he had a sister Isabella Huggan Mitchell born in Maxton Roxburghshire in Jan 1902 and she died 5 weeks later in Feb 1902.  From Scotlands people I have a copy of her death certificate.

My query is regarding some addition words that are written on the LHS of the death certificate next to the entry for Isabella.  I wonder if anyone can read and explain what they mean?  I have hopefully attached a part of the certificate showing the relevant words.

Regards
Gordon

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Extract from Death Certificate
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 January 13 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello and welcome to RC.  It simply means that there's another piece of paper you can download called a Register of Corrected Entries. (RCE).  If you've downloaded the death entry - go back onto SP and you'll see a tab marked RCE next to the entry you downloaded - it'll cost a couple of more credits.  Regards,  Steve

:) 

Offline weegogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 January 13 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Thanks, I did see the button for RCE on SP, but did not know what is was and I have now used up my current credits. 

When you say Register of Corrected Entries, does that possibly mean that there was an error on the death certificate subsequently corrected or that some additional information may have been recorded about the death? Or did the register record other information?

Thanks
Gordon

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 January 13 15:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gordon , welcome  :)

10 free credits , not sure if this still works or if you have already tried it ?

http://www.ancestralscotland.com/newsletter/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline weegogs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 January 13 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ev,

Yes the link still works, I found that while lurking on the forum, so have already used it. :)

Thanks
Gordon