Author Topic: George Jackson-Newark, Nottinghamshire, England  (Read 6782 times)

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Jackson-Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
The information that I have been given previously some lines up...some doesnt. I know I have the right george jackson born abt. 1818 in Newark, Nottinghamshire, England. Because the census doesn't show up until 1841, that is where I am stuck finding george's siblings. I know his mother's name is Ann. It shows up in the 1841 census. When I do a search under family trees, a different father's name shows up. How do I access all these parish records? Do I have access to them?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you
Janetmb52

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 January 13 17:25 GMT (UK) »
When I do a search under family trees, a different father's name shows up. How do I access all these parish records? Do I have access to them?

Hi Janetmb52,

You have to be careful to only use family trees as a starting point for research. Many online trees have mistakes, so it's very likely that the other trees who have a different father's name are not as carefully researched as yours. We know from the marriage index entry I posted that George Jackson's father was called John.

The parish records that I posted came from the Notts Family History Society CDs. This information is not available online unfortunately. If you need anything else looking up just shout.

Cheers
Alexander

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 January 13 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alexander,
Yes, I am finding that out about family trees. One person enters incorrect information and it keeps repeating into our people's trees.
Do you have a birth date and location for John Jackson? In the 1841 census, I see his wife's name Ann. Would you have any information on her? I am trying to get the correct siblings for George Jackson. In order to do that, I need the correct parents information. Right now I have William born 1821, Eliza born in 1824 and Edward in 1823 as George's siblings.
Thank you for your assistance
Janetmb52

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 January 13 15:59 GMT (UK) »
There are 4 baptisms for John Jacksons in Newark in the time frame for a man married in 1812.
26-10-1793 with parents Thoms and Hannah
25-11-1781 parents William and Mary
6-3-1784 parents Samuel and Elizth
25-1-1776 John Armstrong with parents John and Hannah.
Yours may not of course even have been baptised in Newark.
Alexander gives you the baptisms for the siblings of George and his parents marriage above.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jackson-Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 09 March 13 14:16 GMT (UK) »
I am going back one generation to make sure I have the right father for Thomas Jackson who was born abt. 1849 in Newark, Nottinghamshire, England. I need to know that I have chosen the right father for him as George Jackson abt 1819. I have received a marriage certificate for my great-grandfather George Jackson born abt. 1878 and it shows Thomas Jackson as his father and I believe Rachel Burrell as his mother. This certificate also tells me that Thomas was a coachmaker.
The George Jackson I have been searching for in my previous searches on here doesn't seem to be lining up.  Any information you can give me in regards to Thomas Jackson would surely help me with the correct information.
Thank you
Janetmb52

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 March 13 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Baptism Newark St Mary Magdalene
27-7-1849 Thomas son of George and Ann Jackson abode Pelham St Newark, father a "tinman"
Baptism same church
6-3-1819 George son of John and Ann Jackson abode Newark father a "tinman"

Baptism Sneinton St Matthias
18-9-1878 George son of Thomas and Rachel Jackson abode Carlton Rd Sneinton father a coach builder
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Janetmb52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 March 13 15:43 GMT (UK) »
I found George Jackson born abt. 1819 in the 1861 england census and he is a journeyman Tin Plate Worker...shows his wife as Rachel...I see Thomas here and he is 11 as a baker boy.
This is where I am confused if I have the right father and mother for Thomas. Can you direct me where you are finding Thomas's dad as George Jackson and his mother's name Ann. Do you have a last name for Ann?
Thank you

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 09 March 13 20:52 GMT (UK) »
I am finding Thomas's dad as George from Thomases  baptismal records :)
It also states in the notes that his father George was a tinman, surely this lines up with your George as a journeyman tin plate worker from the 1861 census....
I do not have Ann's maiden name as I have found no match on the marriage records that fit the dates. The baptism of Thomas does not state her maiden name.