Author Topic: Willmett Huxtable TILKE  (Read 892 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Willmett Huxtable TILKE
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 August 22 15:09 BST (UK) »
Oh I'm sorry, I don't understand where I need to go to look at Parliamentary Papers.  I live in Adelaide, South Australia, so will need to find them online.  Can you please give me a clue?
We would have returned to the UK for another holiday/research exercise, but of course are stuck here at home for the forseeable future! 
thanks for your advice,  Meredith

As you yourself say, you can find BPP collections online.
There are probably multiple such collections online, with different content. You will just have to search. Some universities libraries will also have actual printed copies of some volumes - hundreds of volumes! But before going to the trouble of going to a university library I would try to determine what years the British made lists of Irish teachers, and what the online access is like. Google is your friend...
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Ballygarrett; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Monadurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 August 22 15:14 BST (UK) »
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Ballygarrett; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Monadurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex

Offline Meredith48

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 August 22 15:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Wexflyer.....I've got onto the site, but now need to work out how to get it to work!  This is very exciting.....Meredith

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 August 22 21:06 BST (UK) »
The BPP contains the Second Report of the Commission of Irish Education Enquiry, of 1826-7.

The appendix to this report lists all the schools then operating in Ireland and is arranged by parish, barony and county. Information is provided on the name of the schoolmaster, the location of the school, the type of building in which classes were held, and the way in which the school was supported financially.

https://www.irishfamilyhistorycentre.com/product/reports-from-commissioners-irish-education-inquiry-second-report-schools-of-all-denominations-1826/

Should be available free on the site I linked to earlier