Author Topic: 1920's windsor ontario  (Read 971 times)

Offline bugle boy

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
1920's windsor ontario
« on: Friday 18 January 13 05:19 GMT (UK) »
does anyone have a street directory for1921/22/23  I would like a list of tennants living at "84 Lincoln st",many thanks.B/B
Adams,McKittrick. Co Down. N Ireland.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1920's windsor ontario
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 January 13 16:19 GMT (UK) »
I think this would be the 1922/3 directory. I think you need to search by name ... I don't see a way to search by address, offhand.

http://archive.org/details/vernwindso19222300vernuoft

You could google for the earlier one(s); I didn't look for others. Just put Windsor Ontario directory and the year.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline bugle boy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 January 13 17:14 GMT (UK) »
hi polar bear,, thanks for the quick reply,I just see a Lincoln rd,no st in Windsor.person I was looking for was an "Alexander Allen"and the info I have he lived at 84 Lincoln St Windsor in 1921?my uncle a "Robert Adams"went to him from Belfast,who landed in Quebec and was aboard the passenger ship "Victorian" ???

Offline bugle boy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 January 13 17:21 GMT (UK) »
just checked "Robert Adams"arrived Quebec,25th august 1920?aboard the Victorian.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 January 13 22:05 GMT (UK) »
There is always the possibility that they wrote road instead of street so I would be inclined to look at Lincoln Road anyway?

It appears that Alexander arrived about a month prior to Robert, interestingly also on the Victorian. He was joining his brother H Allen at what is only given as 94 Lincoln so perhaps another error has crept in there?

The 1921 Canada census is due to be released this year so this may be of some help to you.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline alx

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 February 13 19:58 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace decendants of Alexander Allen my Grandfather and Robert Adams my Great uncle

Offline bugle boy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 09:45 GMT (UK) »
alx just enter robert adams in the searh box and you will find all the data I have on him.B/B