Author Topic: Thomas George BEILBY of Charleville QLD  (Read 12339 times)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: THOMAS GEORGE BEILBY of CHARLEVILLE QLD
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Thomas George Beilby married  Lilian Rose Denne on 19th January  1933 (Registration Place: Queensland  1933 : 000226  159)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 14:18 GMT (UK) »
 Elizabeth Anne Beilby married  Thomas Leslie Akers on the  19th  January  1920  Queensland (Registration Place: Queensland 1920  000162 226)

Mary Sophia Beilby married  Robert Renceflo van Geyzel on the  29th May 1926  Queensland (: Queensland  1926  B039975  238)   which is a Brisbane code

which completes the marriages of John and Hannahs offspring

:)

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 14:27 GMT (UK) »
and of the last post I can do of this family the next generation down for Beilby / Akers

The  Australia Death Index suggests one   Raymond Thomas Beilby Akers,who died in  1935 in  Queensland, whose mother was  Elizabeth Ann Beilby.

The Queensland bmds run out essentially at that point regarding this family,   and I suggest tracking the whole lot through the electoral rolls to pick up on any more children who come of age to vote who stay at home with their folks.

Hope all my work is of assistance   and good luck with any furthering research for your friend

fastfusion

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 16:14 GMT (UK) »

Mary Sophia Beilby married  Robert Renceflo van Geyzel on the  29th May 1926  Queensland (: Queensland  1926  B039975  238)   which is a Brisbane code

Robert Renceflo van Geyzel born  7 April 1897 Kuala Lampur; died 7 Mar 1974 (SMH 9 Mar 1974 “late of Eastlakes”)
Father Donald Schumacher van Geyzel 1864-1937; Mother Florence Sophia Bartholomeusz 1878-1945
Genealogy of the family of Van Geyzel of Ceylon is included in the book "Journal of the Dutch Burger Union of Ceylon"
http://www.dutchburgherunion.org/journals/vol_1_10/JDBU%20-%20Vol%2010%20No%203%20-%201917%281%29.pdf

SMH 9th Mar 1974
VAN GEYZEL, Robert – March 7, 1974, at hospital, of Eastlakes, dearly loved husband of Mary. Privately cremated “Till we meet again”

VAN GEYZEL, Mary - died 15th Sep1989 "late of Botany, widow" - Probate SMH 8June1990

Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park Crematorium
Mary Sophia VAN GEYZEL age 91
Robert VAN GEYZEL  age 77
http://www.esmp.net.au/search-map-facility/crematorium-search.aspx

cheers :)
cupoflife

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas George BEILBY of Charleville QLD
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to all you kind and caring people for this information. I am sure my friend will make use of it.

Lorc
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline IrishOrigins

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 02:06 GMT (UK) »
My "best friend" in Charleville was a Beilby whose father was Tom.  This was in the 1940s-late 1950s.  She had an older sister and a younger brother.

The marriage quoted by fastfusion could well be the parents.

Unfortunately the last contact I had was in 1964 when we visited out there and she was living in the family home.  I also knew her husband from childhood.

I believe the family has since moved, but I don't know where they ended up.

I don't know if these are the people you are looking for, but am willing to answer any questions (if I can dredge up the memories) if you wanted to ask via PM as they are more than likely still living.

Philippa
Byrnes, Wexford.
O'Brien, Hannigan, Waterford & Tipperary

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 02:32 GMT (UK) »
phillipa ,    very good   i hope i can reunite you to the person who is seeking this tree,  if you send me a pm as well  giving me some clue as to your friends name i will see what i can specifically track for you and the person who placed the post ....   via pms

I know we are not supposed to research live folk on rc      but i can at least have a look at the fate of the folk you knew at specific addresses...

As I did say from the beginning Snr had one son named the same, and the two trove links given by aussie 1947 are the children of snr

marty

Offline LORC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 03:03 GMT (UK) »
Phillipa  I am not person who requires info. Will contact same and get back to you.

Lorc
RADLEY  LINDSEY  ARMSTRONG BESNARD BEECHER/BECHER  WARREN CROOKE NASH LEAHY BARRY  COOPER  .JERVOIS  BALDWIN.  LEADER....CORK

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Here we go   ,   after much hunting  it is determined the Thomas George jnr is the father of Norah and Rosemary Beilby
as seen by the two engagement notices. However Norah was unfortunate and ended up marrying Ronald Wilkinson
and as u will see was traceable.   However the fate of Rose the other child is unknown and I can only presume she married when she became of age
and can unless a marriage certificate is found then she cannot be sought after in the electoral rolls.   Norah was of age when she married and does not appear as Norah Beilby
but under her married name  with Ronald.

Engagement Notice     (as hand transcribed from source)
Warren - Beilby - The engagement is announced of Ian Colin Warren eldest son of Mr and Mrs L N Warren of the Gresham Hotel Brisbane
to Norah Josephine second youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs T Beilby of "The Cottage" Galatea Street Charleville. Both are aged 19 and intend
wedding on the 10th of May. Bridesmaids are Rosemary Beilby, Joyce Spinster and Marion Warren. Best man is Dr Simpson of Dr Arriottis Surgery
also Lex Woods and Sid Fitzpatrick; flower girl is un - decided but Asmin Harding is expected to take the part.
Ref The Charleville Times Thursday3 April 1952.

Engagement Notice  (as hand transcribed from source)
Beilby - Wilkinson - The engagement is announced of Norah eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs T G Beilby, West Street Charleville
to Ronald only son of Mr and Mrs E W Wilkinson, Alfred Street, Charleville
Ref The Charleville Times Thursday 27 May 1954

Norah Wilkinson nee Beilby of Charleville is first found in the Electoral Year of 1958  and until 1963 in the
State of Queensland in the District of Maranoa, Subdistrict St George  discribed and  found at Victoria Street  St George home duties
with Ronald Gilbert Wilkinson of the same abode Watchmaker.
By 1968 they are living in Stanthorpe(div McPherson) at  6 Granite St  but Ronald has become a Horologist
by1977 / 1980 they are still at that address  but their son Robert james Cedric Wilkinson  a student is home with them as with their son Mark Thomas who is also a student.

For any of the certificates required for any of these folk then one must contact the Queensland Registry Offfice Brisbane.

NB   there is one Rosemary Ackrill Bilby  mentioned in Toowoomba South in 1963 and by no means is she related to the Beilbys of Charleville.