Author Topic: Daley/ Daly family  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Birkenhead

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Daley/ Daly family
« on: Tuesday 22 January 13 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Bridget Daly married William Cunningham in St.Werburgh's Church, Birkenhead  , 05/02/1876.Their witnesses were Julia Butler and Samuel Butler. Still no further on with records in Cork. Realise that many records were destroyed in the fire.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Daley/ Daly family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 13:09 GMT (UK) »
What denomination were your Bridget and William ?

They both would have been born well before the start of civil registration, so you will need to search for church records  and baptism form them. You usually require a bit more detail to do this - i.e. the location, as in the towns, townlands or parishes their families lived.  'Cork' is the largest county in Ireland and has numerous parishes to search...

Detail of their fathers from the marriage certs might help also...

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Birkenhead

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 January 13 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Bridget and William were both Catholics but he was born in England (father from Kilkenny). Closest I 've found is Carrigtwohills Co.Cork for Bridget, father John Daly, mother Elizabeth (no maiden name, died in childbirth I thnk) Thanks for support , will carry on with the research.
Jeanette McIntyre

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 January 13 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Birkenhead, do you have a reason to link your Daley with Carrigtwohill Co Cork?
I can only see 2 John Daly in 1901 Census - both unmarried. :)

Offline Birkenhead

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 December 18 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to those who have offered supportive advice and information. I have been searching records in the  south of Ireland, (Dalys  in Carrigtoohills & Cunninghams in Kilkenny) some knowledge gained from other members of the family.
As for Fermanagh, the only information I have had is, a copy of Annie Goodwin's birth certificate. Her family have no other knowledge. I have been searching various records in order to get as far as Greaghtirrive and the Lynch family in1901. I think I have worked hard to get this far.
I have found on the Scottish site, that when asking general questions about my family, that I have received some delightful responses regarding my greatuncle, from people I didn't know existed.