Author Topic: Francis / Jones family - Llanerfyl/Llanfair Montgomeryshire  (Read 10054 times)

Offline Kerrydave

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis / Jones family - Llanerfyl/Llanfair Montgomeryshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 December 13 22:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello there - I just read your query re Jones  - and I am trying to find more info about a William Henry Jones born around 1821 in Llanfair....!
He came to New Zealand and married Keti Kautarewa Nukutaia...(Maori) - we believe they married around 1852... not sure if this is of any use to you??

Offline Dolgoch1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 December 13 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks KerryDave but the William Jones I seek definitely married in Montgomeryshire and I am sure remained here. Best of luck with your future investigations.

Regards

Green (Essex/West Ham etc); Burrell (Whitechapel/Essex); Adams(Stepney); Robinson(Middx); Buck(Keynsham); Hayward(Bethnal Green);Armstrong (Glasgow/NI & Essex); Bowman ( Glasgow); Fulton (Maybole);Brown(Harlow & Thurrock); Gray (Herts); Roberts(Richard - Llanbedr); Jones(Susannah - Llanerfyl); Jones (Llanfihangel y Pennant);Ellis(Towyn);Rowland(Talyllyn); Griffiths(Meifod);Pryce(Meifod);Rowlands(Lampeter Velfrey); Young (Narberth)

Offline woolamai

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jones family - Llanerfyl/Llanfair Montgomeryshire
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 January 15 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Very interested in these Jones. Can anyone help me with these Jones from the same area? Don't know if they are related, or if there are just lots and lots of Jones!!! I'd love to know more dates and details eg birth dates, death dates, any other children/relatives, where they lived, etc.. many thanks

John Jones was born in 1829 in Llanfair C. He married Sarah Lewis on 4th June 1851 at Llanfyllin, Montgomery. His father was also called John Jones (born approx. 1803 in Llanfair C)
Sarah Lewis was born in 1822 in Llanfyllin. They had daughter Elizabeth Jones on 19th May 1854 or 1852 in Llanfair Caereinion. Sarah’s father was Evan Lewis (born approx. 1796 in Llanfyllin).

Their daughter Elizabeth then married Edward Thomas on 1st February 1874 in Llanfair Caereinion.
Urquhart, Penman, Duncan, Snell, Benallack, Denning, Amor, Bishop, Jones, Thomas, Hordley, Hall, Titley, Ellis

Offline Dolgoch1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 30 January 15 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Sorry but none of the names you mention ties into my own research. But you are right - there are an awful lot of Jones's and unless you have supplementary details they are very elusive!

If you have access to the UK censuses, say from 1851, they would be the quickest way to find children of the marriages described.

Best of luck
Green (Essex/West Ham etc); Burrell (Whitechapel/Essex); Adams(Stepney); Robinson(Middx); Buck(Keynsham); Hayward(Bethnal Green);Armstrong (Glasgow/NI & Essex); Bowman ( Glasgow); Fulton (Maybole);Brown(Harlow & Thurrock); Gray (Herts); Roberts(Richard - Llanbedr); Jones(Susannah - Llanerfyl); Jones (Llanfihangel y Pennant);Ellis(Towyn);Rowland(Talyllyn); Griffiths(Meifod);Pryce(Meifod);Rowlands(Lampeter Velfrey); Young (Narberth)