Author Topic: Wright Astwood  (Read 3938 times)

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wright Astwood
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 April 13 14:48 BST (UK) »
You are right i have those : :)

I think they are likely to be linked to the wright family in Astwood, but i havent found the lnk yet.

Now Clara is interesting. The wedding you have found may well be of John and Anne's (nee wilding) daugher. She would have been Eli's sister and also had a sister called Mildred. (likely to be the witness)

Mike

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 April 13 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike;   I only put the Clara marriage there as I thought she may be the Clary Wright daughter of John & Elizabeth (Ricket) but now suspect she's the daughter of John & Ann (ne Wilding) as you say; as she did have a sister Mildred.

Anyway back to Clary Wright, there's a death index in June 1847 for that name in Stockport, Cheshire RD ref 19/253. That RD covers Marple, Cheshire where John & Elizabeth & the other 3 daughters were in 1851.

Back to 1841 in Glossop, Derbys; John Millard & wife Hannah & daughter Charlotte; are living next door to John & Elizabeth Wright & Sophia, Alice, Clary & James; so no mention of their last child William Ricket Wright.  What makes you think he's the one the IGI has a death in 1836 ? his 2nd name Ricket is not mentioned. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 15 April 13 20:48 BST (UK) »
From Hardmead PR we have baptism of Elizabeth Ricket/Rickets/Rickett on 27 Oct 1789 daughter of William & Judith. They also had Sophia on 9 Jun 1799, Sarah on 17 Jul 1796, John 28 Aug 1791 & Alse (Alice) on 30 May 1802. William Ricket married Judith Glidel (possibly Glidwell) at Hardmead on 7 Oct 1787. 
Clement - Croydon

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 08:47 BST (UK) »
Thats pretty much what i came up with too, i havent really followed Rickett line all that far. William Rickett Wright seems to disappear as i cant find a definite hit for him on any cencus data. I did find the burials and am working on the theory that William died as a child mainly by trying to cross reference all the Williams alive in astwood with the dates of burials which gave me thre likely candidates, William Rickett Wright being one of them..  The family may have moved away afterwards, but i havent proved it.

The other aspect i cant find is John doesnt appear directly related to the established Wright families in Astwood. He may also have been christened "John Dix Wright" but its a struggle proving this too. Its a very popular surname in North Bucks even as far back as 1600 so trying to work out which ones are are related and which are not is proving difficult.

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 19:42 BST (UK) »
It'll be good to see the marriage at Cranfield of James Wright to Hannah Dix in 1795 to see if tells us more. Burial at Cranfield of James Wright age 73 on 5/1/1837 & burial of Hannah Wright on 2/2/1808
Clement - Croydon

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 22 April 13 21:58 BST (UK) »
From Cranfield PR marriages.... James Wright to Hannah Dix on 5 Feb 1795 entry has no further details; however... after burial of Hannah, wife of James Wright, labourer on 2 Feb 1808 James marries again, but not in Cranfield.... but the banns are recorded. Dated 20 Aug 1809 James Wright of North Crawley, widower to Elizabeth Barrett.

Baptisms at Cranfield, children of James & Hannah Wright, labourer
25 Dec 1795 James
2 Jul 1797 John Dix
8 Dec 1799 Elizabeth
13 Feb 1803 Thomas

Previously, marriage on 9 Mar 1774, William Wright, sojourner of North Crawley to Sarah Cook

However James Wright buried 1837 age 73, so born 1764, cannot be son of William & Sarah.

So it looks like the Wrights of Cranfield were from North Crawley   

Clement - Croydon

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 19:58 BST (UK) »
Great find John,

My Astwood lot are from Stoke Goldington, but it is very difficult to go much further back than Charles/Ruth  due to the lack of clear records and sheer numbers!!

I have found records dating back to 1593 in Stoke Goldington. There are significant numbers even this far back, so its enevitable that the family will have moved around North bucks.

Who knows, maybe they are all related but as far as i can tell, proving it will take hours of trawling each parish record for each settlement and trying to match up the names :-)