Author Topic: Helen or Ellen BURKE/WELCH/MORLEY/DELANEY/CHANDLER/HOLMES !!! born c1835  (Read 10303 times)

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Helen or Ellen BURKE/WELCH/MORLEY/DELANEY/CHANDLER/HOLMES !!! born c1835
« Reply #36 on: Monday 28 January 13 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neil .... now that's really interesting that the John Chandler who died at Warialda in 1859 was a 'Drover'.  All I now need to find out if it was the same John Chandler who married Alice White in 1856 ... hopefully someone has access to the Scone Parish Records and be able to tell me.  Bonnie
PS Off to visit my elderly parents, will be back on line this afternoon

Offline fordson105

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 10:02 BST (UK) »
the ellen burke who resided at bolton st newcastle who was my great grandmother had a maiden name of mahony and was the daughter of john mahony and elllen considine married in bathurst district. had two children william burke 1885-1921 and mary ellen 1887-1961
ellen passed away in 1935
the records show that an noel andrew burke also resided at the address in 1920s he was my grandfather and was the son of mary ellen his father was unknown
mary ellen moved to sydney and married in balmain and had five other children to james jackson

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 10:59 BST (UK) »
Hi fordson welcome to rootschat   :)

Bonnie will be along shortly.  Trouble is everyone is watching state of origin except me (rugby).

cheers,
  Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi fordson,

Welcome to RChat from me too ..... Like Ros, I am NOT watching State of Origin    ;D  ;D  ;D

May I please ask about those 1920s records you mention as showing your Grandfather at Bolton St, Newcastle ....   I am interested to know what type of records they are ... are they private papers, or are they official records?

Many cheers,  JM (NSW centric, always fascinated in any type of NSW official record)....
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 11:31 BST (UK) »
On the 1878 NSW ER (electoral roll) for BATHURST,
MAHONEY (with an "e") residence, William St BATHURST

On the 1903 NSW ER for NEWCASTLE, polling place of Newcastle City:
BURKE,  Ellen, Bolton St, NEWCASTLE CITY, domestic duties

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 06 June 13 00:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Fordson ... Welcome to Rootschat ... many thanks your message re Ellen Burke.  At present I am travelling and unable to check my ancestral chart but from memory, my Ellen Holmes formerly Burke/ Chandler blah blah blah died in the early 1890's in Leadville, near Gulgong, NSW.
Will get back to you in the next day or so.  Bonnie
PS  Hey hey Ros, nice to hear from you

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 07 June 13 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Fordson
Unfortunately your Helen/Ellen Burke and mine are not the same person.  Mine born circa 1834, to possible parents James Burke and Ellen Walsh who married 1834 in Bathurst but no birth registration found under those names.  Or James Welch and Ellen nee Kain (though no marriage found for them yet in NSW) and baptised Sydney 1835, 17 Nov.

Helen/Ellen resided in Newcastle from around 1864 (when her third child was born) until no later than 1874 when her sixth child was born in Gulgong.  I have her death certificate but unfortunately no parents names shown and it only stated she was born in the 'New England' district of NSW and 57 years of age when she died on 05 May 1893.

Thanks again for making contact.  Good luck with your research.  Bonnie

Offline fordson105

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 13 January 14 10:05 GMT (UK) »
sorry for the length o time in getting back to you about noel andrew burke of bolton st newcastle, the information is both from family and a census which i cant remember the date of it showed only his grandmother ellen as the only other resident at that address, this was confirmed by the last of my grandfathers brothers last week
ellen's husband was a george burke unfortunately i have no further information about george as the aunty who had all the information passed away a couple of years ago before i started looking it all up

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 03:46 GMT (UK) »
On the 1903 NSW ER for NEWCASTLE, polling place of Newcastle City:
BURKE,  Ellen, Bolton St, NEWCASTLE CITY, domestic duties 

sorry for the length o time in getting back to you about noel andrew burke of bolton st newcastle, the information is both from family and a census which i cant remember the date of it showed only his grandmother ellen as the only other resident at that address, this was confirmed by the last of my grandfathers brothers last week
ellen's husband was a george burke unfortunately i have no further information about george as the aunty who had all the information passed away a couple of years ago before i started looking it all up

Hi there,

I am not a relative, just an RChatter who has previously contributed to this thread.   May I pass the following info onto fordson 105, and hope this helps he and his great uncle, as I hope I am finding the ‘right’ Noel Andrew BURKE for them.   May I gently note that if I have found their chap then the NSW BDM records do not seem to include any info about Noel Andrew BURKE’s father.   

1930 Electoral Roll, for NEWCASTLE  NSW
Noel Andrew BURKE, salesman, 62 Bolton St, NEWCASTLE.
Ellen BURKE, home duties, 62 Bolton St NEWCASTLE

My inscriptions offline resource has :
10 Oct 1972 Noel Andrew BURKE, aged 68, buried Rookwood Cemetery,.  Lawn, Section 3, Row 49, Plot 1786.  Inscription “husband”.   

http://www.catholiccemeteries.com.au/deceased-search/
The website has Noel Andrew Aloysius, aged 68, burial 10 Oct 1972 and the plot no as above.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/bdm_fh.html
The NSW BDM online index has a birth registration for a Noel A BURKE in 1904 at Newcastle.  His mother’s given name is indexed as Mary E.  His father’s name is not displayed.   The Ref No. is 34829

The NSW BDM online index has a death registration for Noel Andrew BURKE, in 1972.  The ref no. 67848.  The index has his age as 68 years, and his mother as Mary Ellen.  The death was registered in the Newtown district.

Ryerson Index has Noel Andrew Aloysius aged 68, late of Marrickville, death 8 Oct 1972, SMH 0 Oct 1972.
http://www.ryersonindex.org/

Google newspapers archives has The Sydney Morning Herald (under ‘S’)   http://news.google.com/newspapers
Look for Tuesday 10 Oct 1972 edition of The Sydney Morning Herald, and then notice that page 22 of 9 Oct 1972 is on the left hand side of Tuesday’s front page.   Page 22 has the deaths and funerals notices for Noel BURKE.

If this info is for fordson's Noel BURKE, then perhaps a new thread could be hived off from this one.  Fordson, if you would like RChatters to help you research some more for your Noel, please do let us know and one of us will contact a moderator to request some assistance behind the scenes.  Of course, if you want help with any of your ancestors, please do consider starting a new topic and asking for help that way.

You will find RChat is a great place for receiving help.  Here's the "How to" thread

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=368728.0

Cheers,  JM