Author Topic: Helen or Ellen BURKE/WELCH/MORLEY/DELANEY/CHANDLER/HOLMES !!! born c1835  (Read 10298 times)

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Helen or Ellen BURKE/WELCH/MORLEY/DELANEY/CHANDLER/HOLMES !!! born c1835
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks fordson105 your message but alas we aren't connected

Thanks too JM - your terrific findings, I am sure, will be of great assistance to above.

Alas, I am no closer to breaking down my 'brick wall'. But hopeful this year will be able to do trip to Scone historical society and check out the marriage of the John Chandler to Alice White in 1856 and John's death Warialda in 1859 …

Thanks

Offline fordson105

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Helen or Ellen BURKE/WELCH/MORLEY/DELANEY/CHANDLER/HOLMES !!! born c1835
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 30 March 21 04:56 BST (UK) »
More information has since been found
Ellen Mahony (Clare, Ireland) married George Burke (New Ross, Ireland) a mariner in Newcastle N.S.W in 1885 had 2 children William Henry Burke 1886 and Mary Ellen Burke 1887 and no further records for George has been found.
Ellen gave birth to Mary Ellen at the benevolent asylum in Newcastle.
Mary Ellen gave birth to Noel Andrew Burke (my grandfather) in 1904 and Noel was then raised by Ellen, this is in line with the previous posts.
Noel was shown as a brother to William Henry Burke (his Uncle) on the obituary notice when William died from injuries occurred in a railway shunting accident in Newcastle in 1922, In Ellen's will he is listed as her grandson and resided with Ellen till she passed in 1935 in Bolton st
Ellen Mahony's parents were John Mahony and Catherine Shea, she was born in Clare Ireland and is buried at Sandgate cemetery in Newcastle with her Sister Mary Allen nee Mahony still attempting to trace when she and Mary emigrated to Australia