Author Topic: Benjamin ALEXANDER B1802 died 24 August 1874  (Read 3285 times)

Offline minerva

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Benjamin ALEXANDER B1802 died 24 August 1874
« on: Friday 25 January 13 18:05 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me trace where Benjamin Alexander is buried please?  He was born in Braddan 1802 to Hugh and Mary Alexander nee Clague.  He married Christian(a) Alexander 1826 in Braddan.  Benjamin had previously moved to Liverpool c1809 with his parents (they later returned) and lived and raised his children in Liverpool.  He was on 1871 Census (Prescot St Liverpool)but could never find his death on FREEBMD and just discovered with the kind help of someone he left a will, so now have the date of his death and it appears he died in the Isle of Man 24 August 1874.  The Will was proved at Liverpool  4 September 1874, his wife later died in 1885.
Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin ALEXANDER B1802 died 24 August 1874
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 January 13 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Nothing coming up on ManxBMD?
Also nothing on the Lawson's BMD mini-site?
And also nothing (re death/burial) coming up on the new IoM iMuseum site either?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline minerva

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 January 13 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for the look up.  I could never find him on FreeBMD for a Liverpool death and looked on Lawsons BMD site years ago and could never find anything so never knew where he died let alone when (only knew between 1871 as he was on that Census, and 1881 where Christian was listed as widow).  Discovered last week Christian had left a Will in 1885 and then found that Benjamin had as well.  Details...

4 September 1874. The will of Benjamin Alexander late of Prescot Street Liverpool in the county of Lancaster Painter who died 24 August 1874 at the Isle of Man was proved at Liverpool by Christiana Alexander of 69 Prescot street Widow the Relict the sole Executrix.

Basically, would like to apply for a Death Cert but would I be able to get it from IOM if it isnt showing up, maybe not transcribed??  But now have a date at long last!  A mystery....

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 25 January 13 19:42 GMT (UK) »
The iMuseum site shows his baptism and marriage.

I had assumed that if his death wasn't there, then it didn't take place on IoM?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)