Author Topic: elizabeth goeghegan  (Read 1795 times)

Offline chacha

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
elizabeth goeghegan
« on: Saturday 26 January 13 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I think I may have put this on here before, but all of my tracking of my ancester Elizabeth Geoghegan D.O.B 1854 comes back to Guernsey, on her marriage certificate and early census forms states that she was either born on Guernsey or she was a resident in her early years,on Elizabeths marriage certificate it states that her fathers name was John Geoghegan and that he was a labourer, I have proof of her where abouts from 1878 onwards when she was on the UK mainland (can anyone help me out with my Quest please).

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: elizabeth goeghegan
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 January 13 15:32 GMT (UK) »
You have several threads looking for this information so there's no need to start another-
i am try to find elizabeth geoghegan and her parents, all the information that i have is that she was born on guernsey 1853 or54 then they all moved to kensington london

also-
elizabeth geoghegan (London & Middlesex)
elizabeth geoghegan (London & Middlesex)
elizabeth geoghegan )London & Middlesex)

I have done a lot of searching for elizabeth geoghegan and have heard back from guernsey and there is no trace of anyone being registered on guernsey with this name they said she may have been a soldiers baby and that the army chaplin may have baptised her, all I have got is her name and her farthers which is john geoghegan and I can only trace her back to nottinghill where she got married thats what her marriage certificate states (her father was a labourer)thats all I have got the marriage was 1884 in kensington but she resided in nottinghill

I have recieved a birth certificate for one Marie Frances Geoghegan and her mother is Elizabeth Geoghegan Marie was born on the fifth on June 1877 at the Queen Charlotte Hospital Marylebone Road, Elizabeth Geoghegan at that time lived at 19, Circus street Marylebone, there is no mention of a father so at the moment I would class Marie as being illegitimate until I check further.

also-
marie frances geoghegan (Hampshire & IOW)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!