Author Topic: Shields of Millport,Isle of Cumbrae  (Read 5526 times)

Offline alan_t

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shields of Millport,Isle of Cumbrae
« on: Sunday 27 January 13 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find any information on the Shields family as info is short and the subscription I have (Anc*****y.com) does not contain the Scottish records I need.

The SHIELDS family (of Millport, Cumbrae):

Father: Joseph
Mother: Unavailable
Daughters (born in 1940s and 1950s though dates unknown): (*)
Any information on Joseph's marriage and daughters' birth dates would be helpful. Also, if any information about Joseph and his wife's parents / grandparents who I believe were Irish.
Many thanks and kind regards in advance.
Alan

Details removed of daughters. Possibly too recent for RC as they are likely to still be living.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline deborahrea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shields of Millport,Isle of Cumbrae
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am related to the Shields of Cumbrae (Lawrence) whom I visited a couple of years ago.  Please contact me at *  We have an active Ayrshire Shields tree however I will have to ask my cousin, Rosemary Cryer to invite you to it. 

Where are you presently located?
(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.