Author Topic: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland  (Read 58848 times)

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland
« on: Monday 04 February 13 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Willing to do lookups for Holy Rosary Church Midleton Co Cork  Ireland ,give as much detail as possible.

Offline mariejader

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BAPTISM & MARRIAGE LOOKUPS - MIDLETON CO CORK Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your post offering look up's from Midleton please can you help me?

I have the following information which I got from the Canon about 7 years ago and until last week have not been able to find any further info on my family so here is what I have:-

Joseph Keating married Ellen (Helena Deasy) marriage 3 Feb 1881.

Children (info from the Canon)

Christopher  4 April 1882
Margaret    8 April 1883
Daniel  1 April 1888
Mary Ellen 6 April 1890
Joseph  20 September 1891
William 4 June 1893
Eliza 16 June 1895

Joseph (20 Sept 1891) was my gt grandfather and is the only one I have any information on:-

He married Margaret O'keeffe and they lived at the Park.

Joseph (senior) and Ellen are listed on the 1901 census at William Street Midleton living with them were Margaret (listed Maggie) and Joseph my grandfather.

In 1911 census Joseph (senior) is listed with new wife Margaret who is half his age and is listed as being married for three years, my grandfather is also there.

So first question is can you look up to see if you can find the death of Ellen and any marriage records for Joseph and his new wife Margaret no idea who she is.

Secondly the children who I have also not been able to trace until a few days ago but at this stage so cannot confirm that the death's I have found are for the correct children.

The details I came across this week are:-

Christopher Keating death 1882
William Keating death 1893
Lizzie Keating death (APR/jun) 1900

If you come across anything else all information is greatly received.  I do know that Joseph and Margaret O'Keeffe are buried in the cemetery and have visited their grave.

Thank you so much for this offer living in England it makes it very difficult to do any real searching although I still have family in Midleton they interest in searching is not the same as mine.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi ref your message.  I have ascertained that Joseph Keating senior  married in the April qtr 1908 registered in Midleton to Margaret Cahill. Vol 4 Page 345. If you wanted to get the marriage cert
www.groireland.ie I think it only costs €4 for a research cert.  I will check it in any case at the Church Office.

A friend of mine was actually a Deasy before marriage, so Ellen /Helena Josephs first wife may be a relation.  Cant make contact yet but hope to do so shortly.  She would have a lot of knowledge.
Regards :)

Offline mariejader

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi ref your message.  I have ascertained that Joseph Keating senior  married in the April qtr 1908 registered in Midleton to Margaret Cahill. Vol 4 Page 345. If you wanted to get the marriage cert
www.groireland.ie I think it only costs €4 for a research cert.  I will check it in any case at the Church Office.

A friend of mine was actually a Deasy before marriage, so Ellen /Helena Josephs first wife may be a relation.  Cant make contact yet but hope to do so shortly.  She would have a lot of knowledge.
Regards :)

That's fantastic thank you so much for the information already provided, regarding your friend is she Anne? if so she is related and gave me some information last time I visited her.

Once again thank you very much

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Yes she is Anne, so I wonder if you have already spoken with her, I probably will not be able to get anything new from her.
You say the only person you know about is Joseph b. 1891. Do you have anything on Daniel 1888 or Mary Ellen 1890?
The dates you give for possible deaths for Christopher 1882, William 1893, Lizzie 1900 would seem to indicate they died in infancy except Lizzie who would have been 5yrs. If you make another post on the board you will be able to use the Private Message system and we can exchange email addresses. :)

Offline mariejader

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes she is Anne, so I wonder if you have already spoken with her, I probably will not be able to get anything new from her.
You say the only person you know about is Joseph b. 1891. Do you have anything on Daniel 1888 or Mary Ellen 1890?
The dates you give for possible deaths for Christopher 1882, William 1893, Lizzie 1900 would seem to indicate they died in infancy except Lizzie who would have been 5yrs. If you make another post on the board you will be able to use the Private Message system and we can exchange email addresses. :)

Thank you once again  ;D

Offline malcolm.r.stevens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank you for such a kind offer. If possible, could you please look up a few baptisms for me - as far as I know they are all Midleton parish baptisms?

Mansfield    Johanna    1848
Mansfield    Richard    1848Mansfield    Bridget    1850
Mansfield    Mary    1854
Mansfield    Margaret    1855
Mansfield    Michael    1859
Mansfield    Mary    1863

I unfortunately don't have specific dates, only the year.

Thank you once again for your offer.

regards
Malcolm

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Malcolm, do you have parents names?  Presume those you listed are from the same family. Regards

Offline malcolm.r.stevens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes I do. They were Patrick and Frances (somehow also known as Ann)

regards
Malcolm