Author Topic: John Willoughby (Moulton)  (Read 10753 times)

Offline Julie Wedlock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Willoughby (Moulton)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 April 13 13:56 BST (UK) »
Sorry it has taken me this long but thanks toeveryone who responded to my enaquiry about John Willoughby. "Oh my " was the most helpful as it the info you let me see gave me another lead or two although I know I cannot go back any further due to it being in Ireland.
I could not get the marriage certs or birth certs as this was not my family, I was helping a friend as she has no computer to be able to trace her father. So I was very happy when "oh my luck" gave me that info about the family in Carlow. You were right and I wrote it wrong but John did die in Bromley Kent and not in Ireland.
Thanks again. I will still keep helping her if I can but am grateful for your input as well.
Julie

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 April 13 14:05 BST (UK) »
No problem Real Life comes first! Glad I was of some help  ;)
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline rogerwill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 14 June 13 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie

I have been researching the World War I service history of John Willoughby and his brother Charles, both of whom served in the South Irish Horse, Charles being killed in 1917. I would be interested in marking contact with your friend; do get in touch.

Thanks

Roger Willoughby

Offline Patsy King

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 21 July 19 06:31 BST (UK) »
My Father Charles Willoughby had a father John Willoughby from County Carlow.Dads mother was Maggie O Callaghan.Johns brother died in WWI and the Willoughbys were all involved in the Constabulary and my aunty Eileen gave what she had that belonged to John to the Police Musuem in Dublin.
My father Charles is nearly 97 and has just received his Medal d'honneur from the French Ambassador.
He resides in New Zealand.His brother John was in the Queens Irish Guard (I hope I got the name right)
but has since died.
Eileen and Charles are the only 2 children left.Margaret their mother lived to 106 years and was brought up in a convent.
There was Robert, Vera,Charles,John,Charlotte and Eileen.
There father remarried in England and Maggie also remarried and became Rayson.
Trust this may help you.