Author Topic: Aldrich and Hawes  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Nickell1113

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Aldrich and Hawes
« on: Wednesday 06 February 13 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi, this is my first post. I am looking for birth or baptism records for Noah Aldrich born 1806 in Butley and Mary Hawes (Haws) born about 1803 in Petistree. They were married 7 June, 1832 in Orford. I don't know their parents but would like to discover who they were. Any help is appreciated.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Aldrich and Hawes
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome

I have asked the moderator to move your post to the Suffolk board

I notice that the 1851 shows Mary as Mary Ann which ties in with this entry from Family Search

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JM1S-2VC

A parent search on the IGI shows these children also born to James & Fanny Hawes (Borrett)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N5KS-J98
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N5KS-KXS
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J77T-HRW
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NBZH-1LQ
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Nickell1113

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Carole, Thank you so very much! I feel a little silly as I never looked on FamilySearch for her. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't think Noah is going to show up. He has been a little more difficult. I must do a better job at my research before I post again!
~Lynn

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Don't worry - not a problem. 

I can't find Noah with that birthyear - just this one which is unlikely

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NVP7-9BF
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Nickell1113

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 17:39 GMT (UK) »
I agree, rather unlikely but I'll file it away. Thank you again!

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 17:49 GMT (UK) »
I think there may be some local transcriptions which some members have access to - so there's hope yet!!

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 February 13 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Some snippets that might help you track down or eliminate:

Noah & Mary had a daughter Lydia Bpt 5 Mar 1837.  This could be her Lydia ALDRICH age 3 buried 19 Feb 1839 Butley.
The only other burial I can find in that name in that parish is Rachel ALDRIDGE (infant) daughter of James buried 29 Nov 1801.  Could James be Noah's father? The free search engine on FindMyPast lists a James ALDRICH marrying in Butley 1801.

There was a Lydia ALDRICH (widow) age 58 buried in nearby Aldeburgh 20 May 1815.   Could she be related to Lydia bpt 1837?  Aldeburgh is just a few miles NE of Butley & I have found Aldridge/Aldrich burials recorded back to 1724 in the parish.

I found this burial too - is it your man?
Noah ALDRICH, abode Hertfordshire, buried 24 April 1866 (age 60) Ipswich Cemetery.

K

Offline Nickell1113

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 February 13 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Keziah for your time to help me get more information on our Aldrich's. If Lydia is indeed my Noah and Mary's child, I never knew about her. Can you determine if Lydia's mother was Mary Hawe? She definitely could have been born in between the boys that I know of.

James could have been Noah's father. I'm not familiar with FindMyPast. Can you tell me what it is? Noah's second son was named James. He was born about 1836. His youngest son, William, born abt 1840 is my lineage.

I don't know if Rachel could be a sister to Noah or who any of his siblings were.

Possibly Lydia was married to James Aldrich and they had Noah in abt 1806 and lost Rachel at birth in 1801. Then Noah named a daughter after his mother Lydia? It's a thought! Is there any way to look for a marriage of Lydia and James? But, Lydia would have been about 48 when she had Noah. And you found a marriage of James in 1801. Maybe Lydia was James' mother?? Noah's grandmother?

I do think the Noah who died 20 Apr 1866 is our man. I have the death certificate. It doesn't mention Hertfordshire. Is that location close?

Thank you very much for taking the time to research the Aldrich's for me.

Lynn

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 07 February 13 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Sorry the Lydia Aldrich birth in 1837 was from info on familysearch.org - taken from Bishops Transcripts for Suffolk so no details of anything more than parents christian names I'm afraid.

The use of christian names is often very repetitive through the generations & is a good clue so yes James could be named after his grandfather & Lydia could also be a family name and yes Rachel could have been a sister.  Perhaps you will strike lucky & someone will be able to check the Butley PRs for you & confirm who James married and any children that may have been christened in the parish.  I think Lydia buried in Aldeburgh, if related, would be an earlier generation, sort of mother of James age (James married 1801 so born c1780.  Lydia buried 1815 age 58 so born c1757).

The County of Hertfordshire is sort of south west of Suffolk quite a long way from Butley which is towards the east coast. Does the death cert not say where he died?

FindMyPast= Findmypast - you need a subscription to access full details.

K