Author Topic: Descendants of Donald Cameron and Janetta "Netta" McEwan  (Read 3776 times)

Offline dcraig

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Donald Cameron and Janetta "Netta" McEwan
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 19 January 20 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Dear Genae
The Camerons were my grandparents. I didn't know my grandfather as he died before I was born. They had one child, Jessie Irene Cameron - My mother. We stayed in Viewmount on many occasions for holidays. I knew Ruby who was mentioned on the chat as my Aunt Ruby. My father was also David Craig and I have a sister Anne Craig who lives in Dingwall. Please let me know why you have an interest in my grandparents as I would be keen to know.
David Craig
Prestwick

Offline crwhitton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 20 January 20 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Ruby "Robina Ann Fraer Reid" and her husband George Gunn lived in Fort William about 1969 until they retired in 1974. When they were at Fort William they regularly travelled to Fortrose to visit her aunt. At retiral they moved there to be near her. I visited Fortrose a number of times and Ruby was often visiting her Aunt.  Ruby was born most likely in RSA in 1923 and travelled back to Uk in 1928. Her parents were Alexander Reid a Carpenter and Robina Strong McEwen born 1890 in Wick and were most likely married in RSA. I have been unable to discover the full story but is most likely that Ruby's mother died in RSA and that her father was unable to look after her so she was looked after by her Aunt  Netta  and Uncle the Camerons. Ruby never talked about her parents or the Camerons. She never mentioned your mother.  I have been unable to trace Rubys father but I think he was alive in the 1950's. Anything you can add would be of interest.  Ruby is not a blood relative but I lived with them for 4 months in 1959 in Helensburgh when my father was unwell and holidayed with them in the 1960's.  The originator of this thread seems to have only been active in 2013 so may not see the recent additions.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 10:30 GMT (UK) »
The originator of this thread seems to have only been active in 2013 so may not see the recent additions.

The member has been notified of new replies to this topic.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk