Author Topic: Sheppard  (Read 1106 times)

Offline calvin007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sheppard
« on: Monday 11 February 13 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Has anybody got access to either Bredfield or Fressingfield baptism records. I have a Sarah Sheppard who married James Oxborrow in 1804 in Bredfield. They had one child there and then moved to Fressingfield. I am unsure where she was baptised but it could be in either parish. Census records would put her baptism ~1783 but i have no potential links for siblings and/or parents

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Sheppard
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 February 13 09:33 GMT (UK) »
familysearch.org lists a Sarah SHEPPEARD bpt 25 Nov 1783 Fressingfield.  Parents John SHEPPEARD & Ann

That spelling of the name seems to go back some way in Fressingfield PRs
Mary SHEPPEARD wife of John (farmer) buried 11 Dec 1698.

A John SHEPPARD age 67 was buried 23 Jun 1831 Fressingfield

At a quick look I can't see a burial of an Ann but there are quite a few variations in the spelling of the name.

K

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline levismama

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 April 17 01:04 BST (UK) »
my 4 times Grandparents were James Oxborrow and Sarah Sheppard 1783?.. I descend from their daughter Sarah who married Samuel Freure in Fressingfield 1834.. I have not been able to find parents/siblings either for Sarah Sheppard Oxborrow ..   

Offline calvin007

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 April 17 20:18 BST (UK) »
My records show that Sarah Sheppard was baptised 25/11/783 in Fressingfield. She is the daughter of John Shepheard and Elizabeth Whitmore.
The siblings for Sarah I have listed are: John (born 1775), Elizabeth (born 1779) and Mary Ann (born 1781). All born in Fressingfield

Offline levismama

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 May 17 02:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information on Sarah Sheppard .. Cheers Margaret.

Offline suffolkmawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 May 17 10:32 BST (UK) »
levismama, our Bridges' were in Fressingfield at one time of day and we still have the FRUER name in our family.

SM ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?