Author Topic: Wynniatt - Stanway Area of Gloucestershire  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Nodrogw

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wynniatt - Stanway Area of Gloucestershire
« on: Monday 11 February 13 10:02 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching my family history for several years. My grandfather was Harry Robert Wynniatt born in Didbrook, and I have many ancestors from Didbrook, Stanway and Stanton. I would like to hear from anyone who knows or is part of our family. I have a lot of information I can share, but there is always someone who knows things that I dont. Please contact me with any appropriate information

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Wynniatt - Stanway Area of Gloucestershire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 February 13 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have 6 generations of Wyniatts commencing with Robert WYNIATT marrying Hannah JAMES at St Barnabas, Snowshill, Glos, children William b.1818, July b.1820, Mark b.1824, Eliza b.1828 & Fanny b.1832. This could be a redhot match? Please contact me via pm.
Victor  :)
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 February 13 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Your reluctance to exchange data is baffling. Meanwhile, I have gone back to looking at this line, and send you my notes about the possible brother of Robert, my ancestor. A Reginald Wynniatt, a Clerk of Guiting Grange, born circa 1786, married to Catherine, who is possibly part of your family tree, and had the following children baptised at St Michael, Stanton & St Michael, Guiting Power:-
St Michael, Stanton
9th April, 1813, Reginald Wynniatt
St Michael, Guiting Power
8th January, 1814, Frances Ann Wynniatt
10th December, 1815, Wenman Wynniatt
2nd February 1817, Catherine Wynniatt
4th October 1818, Susan Wynniatt
23rd January, 1820, Thomas William Wynniatt
10th March, 1822, Ann Mary Wynniatt
17th January, 1824, Harriett Wynniatt
22nd August, 1825, Sophia Lucy Wynniatt
18th March, 1827, Robert George Wynniatt
26th May, 1828, Marianne Wynniatt
28th February, 1830, Robert James Wynniatt
9th December, 1832, James John Wynniatt
16th November, 1834, Francis Brydges Wynniatt
Reginald Wynniatt is possibly the brother of Robert Wynniatt.
There is also a William Wynniatt, Magistrate, resident at Guiting Grange, who must fit in somewhere?
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Nodrogw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 February 13 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I did send a message concerning Robert Wynniatt(1780-1860). He married Hannah James (1791-1885) They had six children: Mary b.1815, William (1818-1893) Julia (my gt.gt.grandmother)(1820-1879) Mark (1824-1850) Eliza b.1828, Fanny b. 1832. The Wynniatt family to which you refer are from Dymock. Reginald senior was certainly a priest at Stanton parish church, and his son was also parish priest at Stanton, and he is buried in the churchyard. Reginald junior gave up his cure of souls at Stanton when he became a landowner, owning among other places, Stanton Court. Although the name is spelled the same (and is indeed unusual) no connection has been established between the two families. I have provided DNA and although there are some minor matches, nothing major has been forthcoming.
Regards
Gordon

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 February 13 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gordon,
I'm sending you what I've got, if you can supply me with an email address via pm. I've tried cutting and pasting but FTM won't allow it. I can attach it to an email as a PDF. It's obvious your Julia was, in fact, baptised as July on 24th December 1820. I have inserted the death years that you have given me, but I haven't as yet traced the GRO references. I would appreciate your feedback.
Sorry to leave it like that but I'm not experienced enough to transfer an FTM Genealogy Report onto this page. It runs to 5 A4 pages of data.
Victor

Offline Reflow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 April 14 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi just joined this site looking for my grandfathers family and saw these comments. Pops died in the early 1980's aged 89 he lived in stanway with his mum and dad and siblings in cottages by the big house. Feedback would be appreciated thank you

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 20 April 14 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Reflow,
You have suppled insuficient data for me to respond to your data request. Some names and dates would help for a start.
The previous RootsChatterer, Nodrogw, gave me NO feedback after I had supplied him with lots of data, and I am now reluctant to discuss this family group.
Victor

Offline Reflow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 20 April 14 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am afraid I haven't got much information with regard to my family, I know pops family all lived in stanway in the little cottages by the big house, their name was spelt Wynniatt there were Alfred Cyril Lucy lizzy Alfred lived in cutsdean when he married a Gertrude wright, Lucy lived in stanway and married a wright Cyril lived in stanway and was know as chick lizzy moved and was in service down south there were other brothers but afraid don't know names Alfred had two children Eric and Rhona Eric had I child Arthur my cousin he's living in Charlton kings and myself born to Rhona

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 20 April 14 14:15 BST (UK) »
Alfred Dunmall WYNNIATT was b. 28/11/1896 in Church Stanway and d. 1986. He married Gertrude Ellen WRIGHT 1920 in St James, Cutsdean, daughter of Thomas WRIGHT & Sarah PITMAN. She was b. 4/1/1893 and d.1970.
Alfred was baptised 10/1/1897 at St Peter, Stanway and buried 7/2/1986 at St James, Cutsdean.
Gertrude was buried 21/12/1970 at St James, Cutsdean.
Children of Alfred & Gertrude WYNNIATT:-
Eric A WYNNIATT b.1921
Rowena A WYNNIATT b.1926
You should now be able to follow the line back through the Census returns.
Victor