Author Topic: Wynniatt - Stanway Area of Gloucestershire  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Reflow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wynniatt - Stanway Area of Gloucestershire
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 April 14 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Victor, thank you so much for this information, I didn't realise grans family were pitman, I have found photos with the name pitman on and didn't know what the connection was, I am so grateful and hopefully will continue. Mum Rhona (Rowena  ) married Reginald Walter Morris and they lived in Naunton.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 April 14 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
This post is very old and I had, long ago, lodged a printout of the Wynniatt family, 1780-1984, at the Gloucestershire Archives in 2013, and have deleted all the records from my FTM software. You can access my data there.
Looking through my old notes I came across this that may be of interest.
Source: A School in the Country, Didbrook School, p.p.123 by Jillian R Mann.
The War Effort - Defence
On December 14th, 1939, on receipt of instructions from the Secretary of State for Education about Air Raid Warnings, Mrs Holdsworth interviewed people in houses neighbouring the school and received promises from Mrs Archer, L. Archer, A. Wynniatt, W. Jones and Rev H.B. Allen, each to receive children on receipt of an Air Raid warning - other children who could return home within 5 minutes were to do so.
Now you are able to send a pm (private message) to Nodrogw, who has masses of data on this family group. I personally posted him many census returns listing loads of data.
If you wish to visit Glos Archives, make it a Tuesday - one of my volunteer days - and I will arrange to authorise you to access my published data.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Reflow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 20 April 14 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hello victor,
This is so kind of you, my cousin Arthur is only 61 but is bed bound, dosent  have access to a computer, he was only saying last week he would love to trace the family history, now it's down to me to continue you hard work.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 April 14 19:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I've had a chance to check my FTM records, and the following data will be of interest.
Siblings of Gertrude - Florence Jane WRIGHT b.1886 & Mary WRIGHT b.1889.
Thomas WRIGHT, a Labourer of Taddington, f. Robert WRIGHT, Labourer,  married Sarah Ann PITMAN of Taddington, f. Richard PITMAN, Labourer, 12 December 1885 at St Peter, Stanway.
Just let me know when you're able to visit Glos Archives, on a Tuesday, and I'll make myself available, but NOT during the World Cup.
Good hunting!
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Reflow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 20 April 14 21:09 BST (UK) »
You are so kind my cousin and I are so grateful, I will let you know in plenty of time, I will gave to look at my work Rota. Thank you
Rowena

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 21 April 14 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I thought I'd let you have the full details of Glos Archives to aid your visit.
Gloucestershire Archives, Alvin Street, Gloucester GL1 3DW.
Opening Hours:-
M - Closed
T - 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
W - 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
T - 9.00 am - 6.30 pm
F - 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
S - 9.00 am - 1.00 pm
Victor

Offline Reflow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 21 April 14 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you Victor for the times I do know where the archives are I have been to a few courses at the site but never to the actual archives. Hope yo see you soon.
Rowena

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Rowena,
A Reginald W MORRIS was b.1918 Stow-on-the-Wold 6a 589 Sep Qtr, mother nee HOBBS.
An Albert E MORRIS married Eva E HOBBS at the Register Office 1910 Stow-on-the-Wold 6a 906 Sep Qtr.
Victor

Offline wynniatt

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 06 June 15 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,  I am in the process of researching my family tree and am also related to Robert Wynniatt who was married to Hannah James.  Robert is my 3rd Grandfather on my mothers side.  My first grandfather was George Wynniatt  Born in Stanway and married a Leah Harding and lived in the Power House in Stanway.  Any information you have on Roberts father and mother would be great.  Thank you.