Author Topic: Caroline Boylin b about 1854 in Middlesex  (Read 1311 times)

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Boylin b about 1854 in Middlesex
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 15:06 GMT (UK) »
In my honest opinion I think her mother was the unmarried Sarah Boylin aged 17 who was living with Henry and Maria Bull in the 1851 census - HO107/1524 folio 567 page 54.  On 18th January, 1858 Sarah Boylin married William Grant a Chair Maker.   This is why Caroline was listed as Caroline Grant on the 1861 census. 

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline Denzie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 February 13 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Maria,

Thanks so much for all your time looking at this. I'd seen nearly all of the info you have mentioned, but it is so helpful when a clear new head has a look at the same info and gives their view. I think you are right and that William in Shropshire is a red herring, so will look closer at the Sarah/William Grant side.

I think I knew that I was looking at the wrong William in Shropshire all along, but have spent days trying to make him fit and everything got so blurred, didn't know who was who in the end!. So thanks for your help..... I can start this strand of the tree again with new vigour!!!

Regards,

Denzie

Offline Denzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 March 13 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Need a bit more help if at all possible.

Sorry to pick up this thread again after a few weeks absence, but I have now got Caroline Boylin's birth certificate back and it looks like the William born in Shropshire, believed to be her father, was a red herring. To be honest though not sure how much further her BC has told me;

Caroline was born 15th Feb 1854. Her mother was a Caroline Boylin. No father named!
Address was at 16 (looks like) Gun Street, Old Artillery Ground, Whitechapel

I think it is a strong possiblity therefore that Caroline could have been Sarah Boylin's daughter who was living with Maria (Boylin) and Henry Bull on the 1851 census (as one of you pointed out).

I believe Sarah's father was John, Maria Boylin's brother. If I can find that Sarah's name was really Caroline or her middle name, then it would more or less prove that she was Caroline's mother. So any help or info about Sarah and her father John would now be useful,

Thanks for all you help to date,

Denzie

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 March 13 10:42 GMT (UK) »
16 Gun Street was occupied by two households in 1851 by the names of Minder (cigar maker) and Nutter (widow): HO107/1543/54/40.

In 1861 there are about half a dozen households at the address: Aikin, Page, Brady, Johnson, Hewitt, Blackley. The men are parasol makers, cellarmen, bricklayers. The women are manglers, laundresses. One household with a baby has a monthly nurse.  Nothing obviously helpful to your search. RG9/264/126/33.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Denzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 March 13 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your quick response.

Although as you say nothing obvious, I'll keep the names in mind, just in case

Denzie