Author Topic: Wolfe of Kilmeen Clonakilty Castleventry, Cashel. Travers, Stawell, Gale, O'Hara  (Read 2096 times)

Offline irishwolfe

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Have much data on Wolfe families and connection in West Cork and Cork city and Bryan families (protestants)(Drinagh/Dunmanway) but hoping to find more links back in 1700's to integrate some deeds and leases that I have.  Am interested in Rosscarbery Wolfes also
Have also much data on Wolfes of Schull area but nothing on the  spouses, Mehigan, Morgan (widow Willis) and very little of the Ballycommisk branch.
 The currently most interesting name Richard Wolfe  with roots at Ashgrove, Clonakilty, Beanhill?Knockapanery, , Desert/Desertserges, Kinsale and Kilmeen Parish  especially with Travers of Ballymacowan and Sampson Stawell connections.
 I have a Richard Wolfe 1736 -1811 headstone at Kilmeen I long to know more about.
 Also the John, Wm, James, etc of Cashel and Coolcraheen and some RC marriages at Kilmeen and Castleventry area.
Looking for Walter Gale deed involving Richard Wolfe in late 1700's.
Looking for all Clonakilty Wolfes and especially a John Wolfe, a servant at Beanhill whose son John married Jane Kingston in 1875.
 Trying to follow the Cork Wolfes who went to Schuylkill Pennsylvania about 1870 and the Wolfes who went to Glamorgan Wales also from County Cork.
 I will do look ups in my data and welcome corrections and additions...thanx

Offline birdies2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I'm quite frustrated tracking down Cork Wolfes, so many but so many missing records. I have Johnathon Wolfe, farmer from Rossmore, father of Elizabeth married to John Wright at Kilmeen in 1854. I understand Jonathon may be gson of Richard Wolfe 1736-1811 buried at Kilmeen, son of Thomas William Wolfe of Caherkirky and Mary Bateman but I haven't found any proof.