Author Topic: James Willard MacDONALD, New Brunswick- completed  (Read 6937 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Willard MacDONALD, New Brunswick
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 February 13 08:54 GMT (UK) »
I only know that sister's married surname and the fact that she and her husband travelled to Northern Ireland in the summer of 2002. Have tried searching for obituary for her, etc. without locating anything but she could still be alive.

The parents are named as James and Laura and I was only interetsted in them as a way of tracing the children/descendants.

Again, thanks for all the information, links and ideas.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Willard MacDONALD, New Brunswick
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 February 13 13:08 GMT (UK) »
If you know the sisters married surname and it isn't common, you may find something on
www.canada411.ca

One of his half sisters was listed as Mrs. Fred Corbett and there is only one Corbett listed in the Miramichi area. That may be worth following up.

Offline MWoollcott

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: James Willard MacDONALD, New Brunswick- completed
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 19:55 GMT (UK) »
James Willard MacDonald.  My mother, Eleanor Frances Corbit (Nee McCann) and Jame's mother were half sisters (same mother. Laura) My mother and another sister, Mary Dorothy, were placed in an catholic orphanage when they were little (I don't know  the circumstances, I assume their father died but who knows).  They were both adopted by the McCanns. I never queried my mother about this time in her life, she mentioned a few things like ice on the wash basin in the mornings and head lice.  It all sounded rather grim and she did not seem to want to discuss or remember.  I did not know Aunt Jean (James sister) very well as we lived in Ontario and she lived in Nova Scotia - only met cousins once I believe.  Jean passed in 2017. Dec 27th - Jean Evelyn (MacDonald) Kingston.  I would love to find out more about my half uncle.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 January 19 08:21 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

I was tracing James Willard MacDonald back in 2013 as his plane crashed not far from were I live. If you are interested I can check to see what notes I may have gathered.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline hollysoneil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 April 21 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, James Willard MacDonald was my great-grand uncle! I have a picture of him and some info if anybody's still interested, you can email me at (*) :)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.