Author Topic: Blunt and Cartwright Family  (Read 19186 times)

Offline AlanWatson

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blunt and Cartwright Family
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 06 December 15 14:04 GMT (UK) »
People might be interested to know that JJ and I have found fairly conclusive evidence of where Thomas Blunt, son of Robert who worked at the Bank of England, did his chemistry training.

Thomas Blunt and  Charles Treacher Pope were both apprenticed to William Seymour, a chemist from Red Lion Street in Clerkenwell. Both also witnessed his will stating that they were his apprentices. A codicil added just before he died three years later was witnessed by Charles Treacher Pope and Robert Blunt, who also took over the insurance on his premises after he died.

Robert was already running his own Chemist's in Southwark at this time, but one year later he was joined in the insurance policy there by brother Thomas and Charles Treacher Pope. Mr Pope left the following year and appears as the proprietor of on inn in his will. The Blunts carried on for a while as we know, and then moved one to Shrewsbury and one to Chelsea.

We still haven't found where Robert was apprenticed.

On a separate note, Mary Marlham (I think, although it could just  be Marcham) shows up in 1801 witnessing the second marriage of her step grandfather, Jonathan Wathen to an Elizabeth Smith.

Alan

Offline AlanWatson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 11 December 15 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Started a new topic about John Allen, grandfather of Thomas Blunt's wife Mary Phipps here

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=736898.new#new

Alan

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 31 December 15 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Please note,  the Porter family mystery query ( Rev. Wm. Porter/ Moses/ Richard etc.) has now been moved to Buckinghamshire, as they must have moved there from London for some reason....and noone has had any luck with Kent or Royston mystery thus far! Thanks everyone, so very much for all your work. I know several who were working behind the scenes to try & find us a tie in!

Here it that link, in case anyone ever finds something!    J.J.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=737988.0

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline AlanWatson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 19 November 16 04:30 GMT (UK) »
I am very grateful to my 4th cousin Douglas Woodall who has discovered the parents of Mary Blunt nee Reynolds discussed at some length in this thread. They were Charles and Diana Reynolds. Interestingly they lived in Red Cross St Southwark, where Mary and Robert Blunt also lived. Charles Reynolds was a broker. His will was proved in the Canterbury Court on 13 February 1767. His wife Diana’s will was proved on 26 June 1787.  Both wills mention daughters Mary Blunt and Ann Dale and a son John Reynolds. Charles’s will also mentions a son George and Diana’s a daughter-in-law Ann. (John and Ann Reynolds were the witnesses at Mary’s marriage to Robert Blunt.)

We have been unable to find much other convincing information about the family and I have started a new thread here http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=759705.new#new seeking help.

Alan