Author Topic: William Warren - who were his parents?  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Moyboy1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Warren - who were his parents?
« on: Friday 22 February 13 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Can anyone please help. I have hit a brick wall with William Warren who married Ann Bunn in Wells Norfolk on 19 October 1828.
I am desperately seeking info on Williams siblings and parents. He was born in about 1806, but this is pretty much all I have. Any information or help gratefully rec'd.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: William Warren - who were his parents?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 February 13 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Do you have William & Ann on census.  Where was William born.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 February 13 11:48 GMT (UK) »
1851 Census Wm is born c 1806 Wells.

Only one I can find is Baptised 24 March 1805, St Nicholas, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
Parents ISAAC/SUSANNA nee HOE
Birth 22 March 1805
(also under Warham)
According to another Baptism of their Child Elizabeth 1815, Isaac was a Carpenter.
(they named 3 Daug's Elizabeth so 2 must have died)

William WARREN was Buried 12 Dec 1858, St Nicholas, age 54
Not a nice ending for William;
(From SW Corner) Row IV G. 6. Depth of grave 7 feet. Fell from the Roof of the 'Eight Ringers')

Isaac Eyles WARREN Married Susanna HOE 07 March 1796
Isaac Isles WARREN was Buried 11 Jan 1832 age 58

All on FreeREG

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 February 13 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Just posting in case this is your Williams Parents but as he doesnt name Children Issac/Susanna I'm not 100 percent sure.

OOPS from 1841 Census Daug of William/Ann is SUSAN c 1828 so maybe is possible they are his Parents so maybe correct.

Susanna WARREN, Widow, Charwoman, remarried to Henry WAYTE 09 Dec 1844
Her Father was John HOE, Wool Comber

1851 Census Susan WAYTE is down as born c 1777 Matsell (I cant make out the name from image)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline berkeley

• RootsChat Senior
  • HMS Berkeley-Dieppe-Aug-19-1942
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 February 13 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi, William & Ann seem to have had 11 children between 1830 & 1849 (freereg). Will is given as a bricklayer, Will was born 22/03/1805 burial was12/12/1854, there was another Will born 11/09/1802 his burial was 07/10/1804. there various births, marriages & deaths, all on freereg for Wells, Dave

Offline Moyboy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 March 13 02:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
Many thanks for your help.
Your info may lead me to solve this riddle.
In regard to Census info I have, the original post (unfortunatley) contains pretty much all I have, so unable to shed too much more light on the subject.
Sorry it has taken me a while to reply to your kind efforts, but I have had some expensive (in both time & $) computer problems. Thanks again for all your help.
Cheers, Wayne

Offline Gboycs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 April 13 22:22 BST (UK) »
His wife was Ann Bone/Bunn. she was born on 16 Nov 1804 in Little Snoring, Norfolk. She had an illegitimate child by William Warren in May 1828. The child was called Susan/Susannah Bone Warren. They married in October that year.
They had 13 children in total.
William's father was Isaac Eyles Warren Born abt 1773. He was probably born in London. He fought with General Wolfe in Quebec  and was allegedly with him when he died. He also worked for the East India Company.
A letter, written by Isaac Eyles, to  General Carnac  (who was in Calcutta) asked Carnac to intervene and act a peacemaker between Isaac & his father. One wonders if Isaac's appearance in Wells may have had something to do with the disagreement (pure speculation ).
Isaac's parents were Isaac Eyles Warren  (b abt 1739 Holborn, London) & Mary Gibbs (b 1751 London) Married 28 Dec 1773 Stepney, St Dunstan. Isaac senior was a clerk working for the East India Company. His career went very well & he retired on a sizable pension. In his will he left nothing to his son Isaac.
 Hope this helps. Do ask if you require any more details.