Author Topic: Fredolin SCHMEIDER  (Read 12508 times)

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fredolin SCHMEIDER
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 03 July 16 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Judith,
Oh my goodness, it has been so long since I have been on rootschat and ancestry.  A lot has happened since then in relation to the Schmeider family, thank you to a lot of people's help along the way.  I would love to help you find out more and sincerely apologise for not being on rootschat/ancestry for so long.  Warmest regards, Leisa xxx

Offline JQ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Monday 04 July 16 00:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Leisa
Time certainly gets by.
I also haven't been here for a while although I am on Ancestry.
I am still working on this family (although not for a while now) and would certainly appreciate any information if you are up to it.
Regards
Judith

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 18 June 17 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,
Thank you again to everyone that has helped me out with my Schmeider family ancestors.  After Gerry sent me the original plans from the library, I met with a distant cousin of mine and his wife and we travelled to the Fassifern area in Ipswich and by asking locals questions, found the farmer who now owns the lots.  He was so kind and took us to the place where the original farm was.  Not a lot was left, just the remains of a shed on the property.  It was very emotional and I have photos if anyone who helped me with the search is interested.   Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. 
Leisa

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 18 June 17 12:21 BST (UK) »
I'm back into it again, although I never really stopped and am trying to find a birth record for dad's grandfather.  His name was Karl or Carl Frederick Schmeider son of Fredolin and Elizabetha, who arrived on the Fanny Kirchner ship from Germany in 1885.  After research, I have found that there aren't any full ship records.  From trove, I found an article that shows when the Fanny Kirchner arrived in Port Jackson.  Apparently, Carl was born on the ship and this is evident in the article saying 1 birth was on board.  Stories passed down are that my great granddad never had a birth certificate.  I have searched the NSW BDM using a soundex and wildcard check and haven't been successful.  Is there anywhere else I could look?  I would love to know where the family stayed when they arrived in NSW and how they ended up in Qld?  My dad is now 84 and in ill health and he just loves it when I find out new history for him on his family.  Thank you again everyone.  I really appreciate everyone's involvement in helping me out.  Leisa xx

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 10 July 20 12:22 BST (UK) »
Good evening,
I have been researching my family history for over ten years now.  Using Trove, the Church of LDS, Qld State Archives, Qld State Library, Qld and NSW BDM,  Ancestry, visiting the location my ancestors settled at, purchasing birth, death certificates, land titles, wills and books about the Fanny Kirchner that came to Australia in 1858 which the ship's manifest is missing the complete passenger list,  spending time at the local museums and visting cemetery from records that my dad and I did so with the help of local councils and with the help that I am very grateful for on Root's chat,  there is just something that my dad who is the last line in his family in critically ill health at 87 years old that we just can't piece together.  That is how our ancestors came from Sydney, which is evident on Trove that the German settlers were kept in hostels in 1858 from Henry Hamburger who on Trove asked for them to be hired.  From my research there are years missing when they arrived in Sydney to when I can see my great, great, grandfather on the electoral roll in 1870. I have also researched steam shipping records on Trove as well.  My great great grandfather was Fredolin Schmeider.  His wife was Elizabetha.  My great grandfather Carl Frederick Schmeider was born on the Fanny Kirchner.  Trove records confirm this as they record one birth being recorded on the ship.  The Fanny Kirchner from trove confirms my father's story that was passed down that the ship was quarantined in the harbour due to small pox.  The Trove records also confirm this.  I haven't been able to find my great grandfather's birth certificate when he was born on the ship March 1858.  I have been told that because the ship was German, that any births were recorded in Germany.  Sadly, due to the wars, many records have been destroyed.  If there is anyone out there that can help me and my dad, who has only come home from hospital due to aspiration pnemonia discover any answers it would be very much appreciated.  Dad is the last in his line of children to his mother and father.  This means so much to us.  Any response or help will make our hearts sing.  Thank you, Leisa and her dad, Len. xxx

Offline Leisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 29 September 21 15:06 BST (UK) »
On behalf of my beautiful dad, Len Schmeider, who was Fredolin Schmeider's great, great grandson, I am so sad to let you all know that he passed away with all of his loving family surrounding him in April.  I want to let you all know, how much dad loved everyone that was able to contribute to discovering his great, great grandparents, where they settled in the Fassifern area, newspaper articles, photos and stories passed down by generations of his loving family.  Everyone's comments and contributions to dad's proud heritage ensured that when he was called by God in his final moments, although, we were all besides ourselves with grief that dad was going to be his family that he loved so much.  We know that dad is in a better place now and would like to thank everyone that made dad's last days on earth so happy by sharing information on his pioneering family. x
With much love and thanks, Leisa