Author Topic: King / Walsh Kelly / King  (Read 2476 times)

Offline jamesL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
King / Walsh Kelly / King
« on: Saturday 23 February 13 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks to all who helped with my previous queries. With your help,  and following my visit to Ireland in 2010 I was able to get copies of my G Grandfather John King's marriage record and found the birth records of another three children. I am now searching for info on my Grandfather John Kelly born c 1874. I have been on a few pay sites but got nowhere at some cost!! There is a birth record on family search.org which could be my G  Grandparents daughter Margaret Kelly born 18 Aug. 1874 at Kyle, Bridgetown, Limerick Clare. Father Timothy Kelly mother Alice King. Perhaps she was my grandfathers sister. Is there likely to be any church records of that period that might record a baptism of John Kelly. Regards
James Sullivan
Sullivan O'Hanlon McCullough Canning
Kelly King Walsh Green McMorrison

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: King / Walsh Kelly / King
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 February 13 21:19 GMT (UK) »
You may have looked at these parish records on your visit -if not it would be worthwhile trying to get a search of Broadford R.C. parish records as Kyle Bridgetown is in Kilseily civil parish that is covered by Broadford R.C. parish. Broadford baptismal records start in 1844 See Link http://tinyurl.com/yctly6g

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline jamesL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: King / Walsh Kelly / King
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 February 13 16:34 GMT (UK) »
You may have looked at these parish records on your visit -if not it would be worthwhile trying to get a search of Broadford R.C. parish records as Kyle Bridgetown is in Kilseily civil parish that is covered by Broadford R.C. parish. Broadford baptismal records start in 1844 See Link http://tinyurl.com/yctly6g

annclare
Thank you for your suggestion but I have found that these commisioned sites so far have not been worth the money. Any success I have had has been due to members of the rootschat forums help and expertise.
Regards
James
Sullivan O'Hanlon McCullough Canning
Kelly King Walsh Green McMorrison