Author Topic: Marriage: MAGUIRE, James and HARVEY, ANN about 1850-51  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Carlm

• RootsChat Extra
  • "Never pass a bar with your name on it."
    • View Profile
Marriage: MAGUIRE, James and HARVEY, ANN about 1850-51
« on: Monday 25 February 13 02:10 GMT (UK) »
Looking (in vain so far) for the marriage of James MAGUIRE and Ann HARVEY approximately 1850-51.
Her parents lived in Simcoe County near Elmvale in Flos twp.  His parents lived in Toronto/York.  Her sister Elzabeth (Bessie) appears in the Hallen marriages at Penetanguishene to James Keys Carmichael.
If I had the birthplace of their first born, Robert William Maguire, about 1851 it might be a clue.
Thanks folks
Carl
MAGUIRE, PATTERSON, OWENS, BRANDON

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage: MAGUIRE, James and HARVEY, ANN about 1850-51
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 February 13 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
See that Robert William/s Maguire married Sarah Carpenter at Flos ??? Toronto, Canada.  Son of James and Ann Maguire on March 24th, 1880.  Robert aged 23 years, born Toronto,a 'Farmer', religion, Church of England.
Still looking for his parents marriage.
Bonnie

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 February 13 02:37 GMT (UK) »
Robert aged 39 &  Sarah 38, along with their children James 10, John 8 and Linda 3 living Flos, Ontario.  It shows that his parents were both born in Ireland - do you know when they arrived into Canada?

Offline BonnieDownUnder

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 February 13 02:52 GMT (UK) »
C1871 shows Ann Maguire a widow, aged 45, from Ireland, religion CofE, with children Robert 19, James 17, Lucy 15, Thomas 13 and Annie 9.  Living at Flos, Ontario.

C1861 shows both Ann aged 32 and James aged 34 (both born Ireland) living Toronto with their children Robert 9, James 7, Lucy 5. Thomas 4 and baby female.  Also living with them Andrew (I think) Hetherington, a Carpenter, born Ireland aged 60 and a female servant. 

Still looking for Ann and/or James together or single C1851 census
Bonnie

Offline Carlm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 February 13 03:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Bonnie!
I have most of the Maguire info from 1820 in Cleggan townland, parish of Cleenish, County Fermanagh to their arrival at Quebec in September 1847, and the Harvey info from 1823 in Hollymount tl, parish of Down (or Downpatrick) Co. Down, and their arrival in Flos in 1848.
What I'm missing is Maguires from Quebec to Toronto, and James and Ann's life together from their marriage to the birth of their second child James Harvey Maguire in 1853.
The 1851 census for Flos is "missing", and the one for Toronto/York is either missing or doesn't show them.
I have all the baptisms except for Robert William from the archives at the Anglican Diocese of Toronto.  They were done at Holy Trinity in Toronto.  This leads me to believe that RW was born somewhere else.  My distant cousin, a descendant of RW, had a lead to Hillsdale in Medonte twp, Simcoe Co. but we have been unable to find him or the parents.
Cheers and thanks
Carl

Offline barbara13511

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 August 15 10:41 BST (UK) »
I wondered if you were absolutely sure about the dates for James and Ann. Just I have a Charlotte born around 1843 prob Dundee but def Scotland to a couple with the same names.  Could just be a coincidence?

Barbara

Offline Carlm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 August 15 02:38 BST (UK) »
Definitely coincidence.  I should have pointed out that James and Ann were married in Canada.  Its the exact date and place that I'm looking for.  It had to be around 1850-51, and had to be in Ontario.
So far, I have no lines at all to Scotland, and no Charlottes.