Author Topic: Cambridge St Andrew the Great Baptisms/Burials - HARDY  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Ros50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cambridge St Andrew the Great Baptisms/Burials - HARDY
« on: Friday 01 March 13 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

Please, does anyone have access to parish records for St Andrew the Great, Cambridge, in the 1790s?  I'm trying to pick up the trail of my ancestor Sarah HARDY (married name HOLLIER), said to have been born in Cambridge (censuses) in 1791 (Workhouse record).  There seem to be four Sarah HARDY entries in St Andrew the Great: in 1791, 1792, 1793 and 1794.  Can anyone give me details for these?  (Basically, I want to be sure 'my ancestor' didn't die as an infant!)

Thanks very much, in advance.

Ros

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Cambridge St Andrew the Great Baptisms/Burials - HARDY
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 March 13 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ros,
I can only give you the burial records at St Andrew the Great, Cambridge. You must draw your own conclusions.
Sarah HARDY buried March 11th, 1792.
There are 2 other entries that may be of interest?
Sarah HARDY buried June 24th, 1802, aged 2.
Sarah HARDY buried October 7th, 1804, aged 10.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Selina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 March 13 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ros,

Bapts at St. Andrew the Great:

8 May 1791 Sarah Hardy daughter of William and Ann

7 April 1793 Sarah Hardy daughter of William and Ann

6 April 1794 Sarah Hardy daughter of Henry and Susannah

Regards,
Selina
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ros50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 March 13 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Wow, Victor, Selina, quick work!  Thanks very much.  Between you, you've clarified the situation a lot.  It's very helpful. 

That nice 1791 Sarah who was bang on for the later indications has clearly died in 1792 and been replaced in 1793. 

The 1804 burial corresponds to the 1794 baptism, so Henry and Susannah are definitely out of the picture. 

The 1802 burial is the wrong age, so it looks as if the 1793 Sarah survived.  If allowance is made for people not knowing exactly how old they were, I can accept her, provisionally.  Good stuff!

I'll just leave this open over the weekend, in case anyone else has suggestions or comments. 

Thanks again!

Best Regards

Ros