Author Topic: **COMPLETED** GRAVESEND, Kent - Francis Wilkins early 1800s  (Read 832 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
**COMPLETED** GRAVESEND, Kent - Francis Wilkins early 1800s
« on: Monday 04 March 13 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find information on Francis Wilkins who had a daughter Hannah Wilkins, who moved to London and married firstly Richard Bellinger in 1837 and then Josiah James Ross in 1848. Both marriages took place in Stepney.

According to the censuses and her second marriage Hannah was born in Gravesend c1813-1815  and her father was Francis Wilkins, a cordwainer.

Due to the witnesses on her two marriages being the same people, it appears she had a sister Mary Ann Wilkins who was also born in Gravesend c1817-1819 and who married Frederick Charles Pain in Stepney in 1835.

I can see that there is a baptism on familysearch for Hannah Wilken, daughter of Francis and Frances, at Gravesend on 20 December 1813. I assume this is her but do not know what the occupation of the father is on the baptism to confirm if it is a cordwainer.

If anyone can please help me with this entry and family in Gravesend I would be most grateful.

With thanks and kind regards,
Jon

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GRAVESEND, Kent - Francis Wilkins early 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 March 13 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jon, the actual parish registers for Gravesend are online at Medway Cityark - follow the link to Parish Registers Online in the left hand menu http://cityark.medway.gov.uk/

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GRAVESEND, Kent - Francis Wilkins early 1800s
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 March 13 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much for that Casalguidi. I have had a look at the baptism and he is listed as a shoemaker so that ties in. I have also found the baptism of Hannah's sister Mary Ann who I mentioned. Her name is listed as Mary Wilkken and she was baptised in 1817.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,
Jon