Author Topic: Susannah Nutt baptism 28 Dec 1793  (Read 3110 times)

Offline mjpeters4

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Susannah Nutt baptism 28 Dec 1793
« on: Monday 04 March 13 23:36 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information about Susannah Nutt who was baptised on the 28th December, 1793 in Uppingham, Rutland. Her mother's name is Mary?

Any information about this Susannah Nutt's ancestry would be greatly appreciated. There is another Susannah Nutt who was born in 1802 to a John Nutt and Rosanna Ellingworth. This one evidently is an identical name in the same geographic area. I am wondering if they are perhaps cousins?

Thanks,
John

Offline crowboy97

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Susannah Nutt baptism 28 Dec 1793
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

The microfiche DE1784/8 confirms the baptism of Susannah, daughter of Mary Nutt on 28 December 1793 at Uppingham.  No mention of father.

I will check deaths/marrriages prior to this date.

Crowboy

Langley (Rutland, Lancashire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, South Australia); Mallett, Mallet, Cowling, (Cornwall, South Australia, Victoria, Qld); Turner, Onyon (Lincolnshire); Harden, Hearden (Essex); Bradley (Lancashire); Palmer (Devonshire)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mjpeters4

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking! I've ordered the microfilm for Uppingham, but if it holds true to form it will take a couple of months before it's shipped.

This Susanna married John Harrison, moved to Redmile and Eaton, Leicestershire, had a daughter named "Mary Arabella Nutt Harrison". So there is a good chance that besides the mother's name being Mary, that there is an Arabella in her lineage.

Thanks again for your assistance Croyboy97!

Offline jadzia

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 May 13 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I believe you will find the Uppingham parish records very useful if you are looking for the Nut/Nutt family as there are a lot (over 100) of them listed on the baptism records.

You are correct about Arabella Nutt, there is an Uppingham baptism for one on: 30 July 1736, She was the daughter of James a cutler....And another on 20 May 1760, daughter of Thomas Cornelius and Anne.

:)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk